Chapter 3

(Remy’s Point of View)

As soon as I walk out of the locker room, I feel it. The same pang squeezing my heart. My eyes sting, turning my vision glossy at the intensity of the pain I feel in my chest. It’s scary and very uncomfortable. Unconsciously I rub my chest to ease it. Why am I feeling like this? Suddenly I feel Guilt. Remorse. Followed up by a potent dose of anger. But why?

Leaning against the opposite wall, I wait for him. I knew what I was getting into. Being with Jace is like a dream come true for all. He is the famous son of Jennifer Sloane the famous pop singer. Who doesn’t want to be associated with someone like them the famous Sloane family, the family that once ruled the music industry. Why once till now how can I forget Justin Sloane elder son of Jennifer and Jace’s half brother. He is now considered the next Michal Jackson A.K.A the prince of Pop.

Jace is different though, he doesn’t want to be singer, it not that he can’t singer. I’ve heard him sing to himself when he knows nobody is there to listen or hums along a tune—It is like melody runs in their blood but Jace’s dreams are different he wants be a star basketball player. And seeing him play for the past two years, I can bet my fortune that he will be one.

I don’t belong from my famous family, I’m what I’m today because of The Blackstone. So I knew how I’ll have difficulty being Jace’s boyfriend. Everyone loves him, wants to be like him and what scares me that most is him being only attracted to me. He tells me that if he has to be gay to be with me. He is gay. If it’s has to be straight then he is. His words are so confusing and what overwhelms me is that they make my heart do weird movements, makes me feel something weird—good weird though, it’s refreshing but also scary because it confuses and I’m getting addicted to it. Like it my own personal brand of drug—and trust me it’s intoxicating me every second I spend with him.

I know he loves me and that scares me even more. I don’t believe in monogamy. So I knew what I was getting into. I’ve lovers other than Jace but he is not aware of it and somehow I don’t want him knows. Brady does an amazing job handling the PR and even handling me when I’m out on long tours.

But come home back to Jace is different—shit everything about him is different and I don’t want to lose any.

I have many triggers that ticks at my temper and many ghosts from my past. My temper becomes uncontrollable sometime and today if it hadn’t been Jace, I surely would have killed that bastard.

The old me, the one pre-Jace, would have kicked ass first and asked questions later. The new me, although still not an anger management graduate, but somehow I’ve managed to let words diffuse the situation. Not my fists.

Progress. Significant progress and all because of Jace. He has thing weird calming aura around him and he himself is always very calm and composed. I’ve never seen him making any rash decision and this is one of the things about him that beguiles me. He is always so calm.

I snap my head up when the door of the locker room flies open.

Jace stands in front of the gaping door staring at me and when our eyes meet, the emotion expressing itself in them is the exact emotion I am sweltering in.

One side of my mouth curves up as I rub the back of my neck.

Dropping his bag, Jace lunges across the room and throws himself on me, wrapping both arms around me so tightly that I can feel every one of his ribs hard against my chest. A heartbeat doesn’t pass before my arms drops around him with just as much urgency and maybe even more relief.

“I’m sorry,” I say, inhaling the boy who, even in scent, exudes a hint of trouble just barely masked by a reluctant sweetness. I don’t what for I’m sorry but saying the words loud somewhat eases the pain from my chest.