Chapter 13

Months pass and time seems to heal the fresh wounds. Luke has learned how to control his new hand. Already, it's like he's never lost it. Leia starts to accept what happened to Alderaan, the pain no longer causing physical reactions. She deals with it in her own healthy ways, speaking with others about what she misses. And together, the twins help show Obi-Wan that they do not harbor any hate with him about their father. In fact, they help him begin to forgive himself.

But one thing makes this peace uneasy.

No one has heard about Vader since his and Luke's fight.

Obi-Wan smiles from the sideline, watching the green and blue lightsabers dazzle with each spin and twirl. Leia swipes at Luke's feet with her foot, hoping to trip him like when they were younger. Learning from his past mistakes, he jumps over her foot and lands perfectly balanced. "That move no longer tricks him." Obi-Wan chuckles.

"Maybe not. But it works on everyone else I meet." She counters with a smirk. Luke flips over her, landing behind her. He swings for her waist, performing the move Obi-Wan humbly recounters as his signature strike at killing Darth Maul the first time.

But Leia blocks it. She too knows the story. "Good thing I taught you how to defend yourself from behind." Obi-Wan laughs, watching Luke frown in disappointment. Their lightsabers continue to crackle with each swing.

"Sometimes I wish you hadn't." Luke jokes. They seem evenly matched now. They know each other's moves inside and out. Just when the tide starts to shift in Leia's favor, the door to the training room opens.

"Ben," Padmé calls out. All of them turn and look. Luke and Leia turn off their lightsabers and follow him towards the exit. Whatever is happening must be important. She never asks for his presence in person, especially when they're training. "There's something I want to show you." She says, waving him close to her.

"What is it?" He asks, walking beside her down the hallway. He slips his hands into his robes, his attention on her.

"You'll see." She smiles. The twins share a glance, basically reading each other's minds as they follow the adults into a secluded area. They're in the small garden. The plants are just starting to bloom, their buds beginning to open. The scent reminds them of when they were younger, spending their summers on Alderaan.

Above them, a green and white bird soars.

Weird. Luke and Leia have never seen that species around here before.

At first, they think they are the only people in the garden. Everything is quiet, aside for a gentle breeze that rustles the leaves. The bubbling pond  in the center of the garden adds to the noise. Luke is about to ask why they are here when they turn the corner and see someone. They're wearing a cloak, hiding anything about them.

Hearing the group approach, the stranger turns.

It's a Togurta woman. Her skin is orange with white markings and blue stripes. She gasps as her eyes land on them. Her eyes are wide, blinking rapidly as she takes them in. She is surprised at their appearance as well.

Obi-Wan freezes in his tracks. He grabs onto Padmé's sleeve for support. "Ahsoka?" He chokes.

"Obi-Wan!" She cheers with a smile wide on her face. Luke and Leia watch as the two of them rush to meet each other. They embrace in a hug so tight that it almost hurts to look at. Through the Force, they can feel the waves of bittersweetness. Whoever she is, she must have meant something great to Obi-Wan.

They stay in each other's arms for so long that it feels like time has stopped. To Obi-Wan, this feels like a dream. For just over two decades, he's believed that everyone he knew had been killed. Now, he's been granted the chance to be with someone from his past. Someone he cared deeply for. "All this time, you were alive?" Obi-Wan asks, his voice hoarse.