chapter eleven

just then, in the middle of the night, the soft sounds of raindrops could be heard again, how they hit eden's windows gently.

yuri was still silent, overwhelmed with the heavy question of the youngest in the room.

but he also knew how suspicious it would be if he wouldn't know an answer to this soon.

and shino knew how good of an actor he was.

"i'm sorry, what?" the dark haired breathed out and looked over at park for a split second, a helpless expression on his face before he looked back into eden's eyes and put on a confused look.

eden seemed to believe it.

"so you don't know about what has been going on?" he almost snorted and crossed his legs, breaking eye contact with the dark haired man.

"or you just don't care, like always?"

his voice was now clearly mocking him and yuri knew that the black haired man didn't actually believe a word he said.

"do you really think i'm that stupid? why else would you be here, just-"
"i'm here because i missed you."

this time, the silence wasn't something eden hated, he froze in his spot and didn't dare to move, scared the warm feeling in his stomach would disappear.

his jaw dropped open and he didn't know what to say, he wasn't used to his friend saying things like that, being nice.

even park looked away and sniffled, to hide the little tears in his eyes.

"you-you what?" eden stuttered, and the only person that could ever make eden rosea stutter was yuri himato.

"i missed you, so much. i felt awful every single day when thinking about how i left you just like everybody else did," yuri voice was calm and deep.

he tried to take the other's hand but he quickly pulled away with a sigh.

"it's not that easy for me to just move on and forget it, even after three years," he stated and his voice cracked at the end, his sensitive side came out.

"i could've died if it wasn't for shino," eden whispered and looked over his shoulder at his other friend who just looked around the room nervously, not quite knowing how he should engage in this conversation.

"he saved me when you vowed to be the one that would be."

yuri looked away in pain, he felt his heart shatter in his chest, into a million pieces.

and somehow he knew that this time, it wouldn't ever piece back together in the same way.

"what do you want me to say?" he asked with a crooked voice, not daring to look at eden again because he was afraid of the wave of emotion that would crash over him if he did.

suddenly, yuri felt a huge knot in his chest and his breath shortened significantly.

this whole thing was stressing him out and he wished he would've never came back, he wasn't ready to face his deep and disgusting past that made him want to throw up in a bucket everytime he even thought about it.

he felt sick to his stomach, the air in the room was tight.

"i actually don't want you to say anything to me, ever again. i was doing fine without you and i will be again."

eden said with such confidence in his voice, the brokenness behind it couldn't be heard unless you knew him, unless you knew how much these two used to share.