Rant On Current America

What have we forgotten? Hmm? We've lost a grip on something. Our political parties have almost made our government ineffective. We search for rights that aren't right. Same sex marriage is legal. The legalization of marijuana is beginning to take hold. There is no way that these two things are morally correct. If a man and another man were meant to be together, than whatever force created humanity would have made that possible. And smoking anything is bad, and haven't people been telling us in grade school not to take drugs? People around the world are persecuted and terrorized. ISIS threatens us, North Korea, and many others. What is so bad about America that we are hated? I know that we're not perfect in any way, it's the fact that the population at large does nothing to change it. We are Americans! We paved the way for freedom, for what was right! We began this country to escape tyranny! And as such, we are the protectors of freedom, of rights. But we have still missed something. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? Sure, those are nice. But I believe those must be given up for sacrifice, honor and the pursuit of what's right. Anything else, and we will descend into a burning lake, slowly, mostly in comfort. But we will get there. But as for me, gentlemen and ladies, I'll take the pursuit of what's right over the pursuit of happiness any day. Feel free to argue, my message will stay the same. America should pursue what's right, and not personal gain. (Just a side note, if we do this, won't history remember us as the ones who were the good guys?)