five

After JJ managed to get his bearings together, he and Scarlett made their way back to John B's. The Pogues were all vaguely aware of the two's living situations, so the Chateau essentially became their second home.

Neither of them had realized how late it was until they were arriving at John B's in total darkness, barely able to make out their hand two inches in front of their face.

"What the hell?" Pope exclaimed when the pair stumbled inside, immediately slumping onto the foldout bed in the living room.

Scarlett irritatedly shushed him. "Too loud," she grumbled, nuzzling her face into JJ's shirt as they cuddled together on the couch. "Beer me?" She pouted, making grabby hands at the bottle in the boy's hand.

John B chuckled before passing her the drink.

"Thanks, JB," she grinned, taking a long swig of the beer.

"What happened?" Pope questioned. "You two look like shit."

"Wow, Pope, you really know how to make a girl feel special," Scarlett joked as she went to examine her appearance.

JJ and Scarlett looked down at themselves, finally noticing their pitiful state. Both of their hair was unkempt and knotted, and multiple cuts and bruises littered their bodies. JJ's were fresher than her's, but both still appeared as though they'd been through hell and back.

"Oh, y'know," JJ shrugged. "My dad."

"Bastard's got a nasty right hook," Scarlett scowled, unconsciously taking JJ's hand and drawing slow circles on his knuckles.

JJ nodded, tapping nervously against her thigh in return. "S'okay," he gave her a small smile, "You know I'm used to it."

"But you shouldn't be," she huffed, resting her head on his shoulder as John B and Pope watched them sympathetically, their gaze oozing with pity.

"Let's just forget about it," JJ tried to divert away from the conversation. "I'm tired of all this sad shit. Let's do something fun."

And that's how all the Pogues wound up drunkenly giggling in the living room of the Chateau, a dozen-something rounds of never-have-I-ever in.

"Never have I ever," John B tapped his chin thoughtfully, "had a threesome."

Pope and John B's eyes both widened when they watched JJ and Scarlett down the rest of their beers.

"Excuse me, what the fuck?" Pope gaped at the two teens who were now grinning at each other.

"This Touron chick I was hooking up with," JJ whistled, cupping his hands in front of his chest to indicate her large assets, "asked if I'd be down for a threesome-"

"-So JJ ended up asking me if I'd be their third," Scarlett finished for him.

John B and Pope turned to look at each other, mouths hung open in pure shock.

"And let me just say," JJ giggled, "the girl-on-girl action you see in porn doesn't even compare to the real deal." He swung an arm around Scarlett's shoulder, tugging her into his side and began to thread his fingers through her hair. "I still think about that night a lot," JJ mumbled under his breath, but still loud enough for everyone to hear.

JJ took another sip of his beer, ignoring the questioning look John B was sending him. He was able to make out the majority of what the boy was mouthing at him, mostly about stupid he is if he can have a 'fucking threesome' with Scarlett, but can't even tell her how he feels.

"You're disgusting," Scarlett fake gagged, playfully nudging her shoulder with his. "I'm not gonna lie--definitely one of the best fucks of my life--God knows that all the dudes from Figure Eight are too scared to try anything new."