The Date. Well, Sort Of

'Christ, I feel so nervous for this!' I screamed mentally. 'I mean, like we've done this already. Why am I feeling so nervous, and sweaty to add the fact.'

Right now, we are riding in Kaito's car, headed to some place that I haven't been to. Sure, I have been here in Yamaha City for my whole life and all, but I was sort of never allowed to go outside... due to my over-protective parents and Mikuo.

All of a sudden, the car parked in front of a small building. A restaurant to be exact.

Hold on a sec... don't tell me this is an actual date.

"So... Let's go?" he said, looking at me from the driver's seat. I must have been spacing out.

"Yeah!" I sort of had this unusual attitude when I said that. My heart is pounding and I can feel the blood rush into my ears. Am I really that excited or nervous?

When we left the car and entered the restaurant, that's when I realized it.

It wasn't just some restaurant. It was a restaurant and a karaoke bar. What the hell are we doing here?

"Kaito...?" I said with a questioning look.

"Oh yeah, I guess I haven't told you yet. Me and Gumi planned out for me and your friends to hang out." he said while opening a door, leading to a private karaoke room. Everyone was there; Rin, Gumi, SeeU, and Piko. They were already changed into casual clothes, which is quite quick.

"Yo, what's up Kaito?" Gumi greeted her friend with a high five. I walked over to a seat beside Rin while Kaito sat beside me.

"You guys haven't started yet?" Kaito asked. "Nope, we haven't started yet." Rin said.

"Great! Now let's start!" Gumi said. "But first, let's pick our partners."

I immediately grabbed Rin's hand after saying that. SeeU grabbed Piko's, earning a blush from SeeU and a massive one from Piko.

"Buuuuuut, we have to pick each other's partners. In this cup, there are three sticks which have three of our names on it. Me and Kaito have chosen three people to pick one stick, which is going to be their partner. So, Piko, Rin, Miku, who wants to go first?"

After Gumi said that, Piko immediately raised his hand. "I'll go first." he said in a bold voice.

"Close your eyes," Gumi said. When Piko had closed his eyes, his hand reached out for the cup blindly. Piko began to move his fingers around the cup, selecting a stick. Once he got one, he pulled the stick out, opened his eyes and looked at the name written on the stick. He nearly fainted at the sight.

"Well, who did you pick?" Kaito said with a questioning look on his face. As Piko raised the stick for everyone to see, his face began to redden.

SeeU

"Ooooh, lucky pick!" I murmured to Rin, who nodded in agreement. It was pretty obvious that Piko had a crush on SeeU.

"Rin, you go next," Gumi said. Rin began to do what Piko did, but instead of taking her time on which stick to pick, she just randomly pulled one out. As she scanned the stick, her face showed a deadpan look, but a second later, she began to smirk.

"Who'd you get?" asked Gumi. Rin raised her stick.

Gumi

With that shown, everyone smiled at me with that 'you're so meant to be with him' look. Wait... So that meant I got Kaito?

"Miku, you're Kaito's partner." Rin giggled into my ear. My face grew red as I glanced at my now partner beside me.

"So okay, here are the rules: you can sing by duet or single. And you can sing on either english or japanese. Also, when you are singing, you have to make actions, like you are really into the song. Like, two people sing a romantic song, they have to act like they are singing it for each other or for someone else. " Gumi said, raising two microphones.

"Who wants to go first?"

~Time Lapse: 3 Hours Later...~

Finally! It's over! We have been singing for like, three hours now, and it's already dark. I looked at my watch. 7:09 PM. Mikuo must be worried by now. I better call him. As I dialed him on my phone, I can see Kaito approaching me in the corner of my eye. But before I can ask Kaito what's up, there was a loud yell coming from my phone.

"What the shitty hell Miku! Finally you picked up that damned phone of yours!" The loud, cursing voice yelled. And that voice happened to Mikuo. He will actually curse if he is mad, upset, or whatever. As long as he isn't in a good mood. I stayed silent and listened to his reprimands.

~Time Lapse: 16 Minutes Later...~

I hung up the phone, ending my conversion with my brother. Apparently, he said I wasn't picking up his call. It wasn't my fault that it was karaoke night.

Kaito approached me again once he sensed that I was done with the call.

"You done?" He asked, a questioning look mixed with amusement spreaded across his face. Kaito glanced at Gumi and the others. Right now, they were being called by their parents, angry at them for not answering their calls for the past two hours.

"Yeah... I pretty much just finished my call with my brother so, I think I'll be headed home. What is it you wanna talk about?"

Kaito smiled. "Oh good! I was going to ask if I can drive you home anyways."

I blushed. He really didn't have to do that! "Oh no! You don't have to do that! I can go home by myself anyways!"

"Miku, it's already dark. Plus, there are kidnappers roaming around this area." Gumi interrupted, a serious look spreaded across her usually smiling face. "Shion, do you think you can drive us to our houses as well? Piko can't drive us home since his car broke down on the way."

He smiled and gave a thumbs up. "Sure thing Megpoid. Though I'm driving Miku home first."

Gumi ran to the others, letting them know that we're going to leave. We all began to leave the restaurant. To be honest though, I feel a little uncomfortable riding with the others. I don't know why...

Am I jealous?

My train of thoughts was soon interrupted by a harsh bump by a stranger, causing me to topple to the ground. Damn, am I really that weak? I glanced at my friends. Gumi and Rin about to burst at the stranger and Kaito was ready to beat the shit out of him. Then I looked back at the stranger. I can see the stranger's apologetic blue eyes staring at me. I didn't even notice that I was staring back at him.

'Blue ocean eyes, blonde with a ponytail... Handsome and cute'

He was holding his hand out, but before I can accept, Kaito beat me to it.

"Here Miku, I'll help you up," Kaito said, anger thickening in his voice. Rin was about to scream, but Gumi let out a surprising question.

"Len? Is that you?"

////////////////////////////

Oh my God!!!! I am soooo sorry!!! I am not being able to update due to my studies interrupting me. So, I guess my regular updating schedule should be once a month...
So, I hope you enjoyed this story, and thank you guys for reading this!! 😚😚😚

So, I'll see you guys in tha next chapter next month!!!