sixteen

{nagito's pov}

{9 months later}

everything has been going great.

chiaki's back and everyone is happy.

including hajime.

i have to be honest, i was a little jealous when she came back.

she was his first love, the first one to see past that he was just a reserve course student and cared about.

but now, everyone is equal.

there is no more ultimate talents.

no more different classes for students.

just, us against the world.

but the future foundation is supposed to come any second now.

they are going to turn our little island into what they call 'the hope restoration project' because the games are still happening and they need a place to help the kids find hope and get better.

i stand next to hajime, clearly nervous. he grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze,"hey, it's okay," he kisses my cheek.

i smile softly,"how old are these kids again?" mahiru asks.

"they're like 15-17 ish, so basically we'll be there parents while they are here," souda sighs, leaning onto gundham.

chiaki stands next to sonia, leaning on her shoulder fast asleep.

even though chiaki is a robot, she walks and talks and looks like a regular human. the only thing different about her is that she needs to be charged when she sleeps. she can even eat, which is weird but it's good. she's just chiaki, it was a little weird at first but now she's here with us on this little island.

the island also got some new changes, like souda turned the airport into a garage so he can work on stuff, and mikan fixed up the hospital and medicine shoppe so they were usable, and nekomaru and akane turned the old movie theater into a gym and gymnasium, ibuki fixed up the music venue, and so much more.

everyone is living like this is normal.

because this is our new normal.

"hey guys, i think i see a ship," nekomaru's voice cut me out of my thoughts.

we all look, and it was the future foundation's ship. we all sigh in relief and the ship stops and five people come out.

three of the five we know, it was makoto, kirigiri, and byakuya steps down onto the docks but two other figures step out standing behind them,"hey guys! you excited?" makoto says, he is probably more excited than us.

we all let out a groan mixed with an 'i guess',"anyways, i have brought two people here to live here for awhile and just make sure everything is going right," he steps away to revel two women.

"hi, i'm komaru neagi," the one with the greenish brown hair waved.

"i'm, to-toko fuwaka," the one that looks ready to cry any second and has purple hair.

"byakuya, can you go get the kids please," makoto looked at the taller man.

"of course," he nods and walks back up to the ship.

"ok, remember when i had you all take the 'which pokemon are you?' quiz awhile ago?" makoto asked.

"yeah, how in the hell did i get clefairy, i'm still mad over that," souda grumbled. 

makoto chuckles,"well, i made you take those so we can see which kids would go best with you. you guys will basically be parents to these kids, they have went through what you have been. some might have had worst trauma than you, others not so much," makoto sighs,"just remember, they are hurting as well as you."

byakuya steps out,"they're ready."

"bring them down," makoto says, stepping back so he can see them.

"when you get down to the stand, stand in a line," byakuya says to the kids.

sixteen different kids, girls and boys, came down from the boat and stood on a straight line.

"i guess we should introduce ourselves, i'm hajime hinata," hajime stated.

"i'm nagito komeada," i says, sighing shakily.

"oh, say your former ultimate talents," makoto said.

"oh," hajime sighed,"i was a reserved course student or the former ultimate everything, long story."

"i was the former ultimate lucky student," i nod softly.

"i'm kazuichi souda, the former ultimate mechanic," souda did a two finger solute.

"i'm gundham tanaka, the former ultimate breeder."

then everyone went through and said there name and talent.

"okay, now that half of you know each other. i'm going to say divide you off," makoto pulls out a list and starts reading," komeada and hajime you have shuichi and kokichi," he looks up at the group of kids across from us.

two boys, one has navy blue hair and wears a hat the other has dark purple hair and looks ready to cry, step out of the line and walk up to us.

"hello," hajime says, smiling softly.

"h-hi," the blue haired one said, the purple haired one just waved.

"next, miu iruma and gonta gokuhara with kazuichi souda and gundham tanaka," makoto continued.

"mikan tsumiki and ibuki mioda you have tsumigi shirogane and rantaro amami."

"sonia nevermind and chiaki nanami you have k1-b0 and kaede akamatsu."

"nekomaru nidai and akane owari you have tenko chabishira and kaito momota."

"byakuya twogami you have ryoma hoshi."

"teruteru hanamara you have korekiyo shinguji."

"fuyuhiko kuzuryuu and peko pekoyama you have kirumi tojo and maki haruwaka."

"finally, mahiru kozumi and hiyoko saionji you have himiko yomeno and angie yonaga," makoto finished reading off the list,"you all can go back to your rooms, you're luggage will be dropped off shortly," makoto waved us all goodbye and left, kirigiri and byakuya following him.

hajime looked at me and then looked at shuichi and kokichi,"here, follow us and we'll show you our room," hajime starts walking and i follow afterwards.

"hey nagito," hajime says, looking at me.

"yeah hajime," i look at him.

"you know what i don't miss."

"what?"

"our separation."

{author note: wow, i can't believe it is finished. did you know this book is over a year old. yeah i can't believe it. but anyways, so do y'all want a second book or a epilogue/one shot chapter book thing? in other news, if you like my writing i have other stories as well like 2 other dr book and a new haikyuu book called 'spilled ink and tired smiles' and then first chapter is already up! thank you guys so much for reading this story and please tell me if you want a second book or an epilogue chapter!}

{word count: 1083}