[ 17 ]

MINA

"Hey, Minari. Are you okay?" Chaeyoung asked me as I sit beside her.

We're now here in the cafe where we are going to meet this Dahyun girl. It's now Friday afternoon. We came earlier and just waiting to her to arrived.

I nod at Chaeyoung saying 'I'm fine.' but we both know I'm not since I'm too nervous. I felt her hold my hand as she intertwined it.

"Don't worry. I'm here with you." she said. I smile at her in return. At the exact moment, we both feel someone's presence near us. We look up and so a young woman with violet hair and milkish white skin. She's beautiful. I wish she is Chaeyoung's relative since I think I'll be jealous of her.

"Chaeyoung" she said recognizing Chaeyoung. Her gaze averts to me. There is a recognition in her face for a second but she turn her gaze back at Chaeyoung's. Do she know me? It's impossible. I shrugged.

"Please sit." I offered. She smiles and sat in front of us.

"Don't you recognize me, Chaeyoung-ah?" she asked. Chaeyoung shook her head 'No'.I saw of defeat appear in her face but she instantly cover it with a smile.

"I'm Dahyun. We've been friends for long time even before you met your wife."

My world stops.

I didn't hear anything after the word 'wife' came in.

Chaeyoung has a wife?

You got to be kidding me.

I'm Chaeyoung's girfriend.

What that makes me? A mistress?

I look at Chaeyoung and she seems shocked to. Her face shows worry. I feel my heart aches. I stood up abruptly and excuse myself to the restroom. Chaeyoung didn't follow me. She stays with the woman.

I went inside the restroom and locked the door. I faced the mirror as I saw myself. Tears are falling down my face. I take a gulp and wipe my tears.

"Stop, crying Mina. You can do this." I said to myself.

I love Chaeyoung but I know what we have is wrong. She have a wife. Her wife came first.But I love Chaeyoung. I don't think I can let her go.

I don't want to let her go.

I retouched my make up before walking out the restroom. I see Chaeyoung and her friend Dahyun are talking.

I can't do this. I left them as I use the other side door to walk out of here. I stride to the parking lot and get inside my car and drive back home. I know it's bad leaving Chaeyoung but I just can't face her after knowing this. Knowing she has a wife. Her memories will came back and it includes her love to her wife.

I stop when I arrived home. I get inside our house not greeting my parents who I see sitting in the living room. I just walk directly to my room and locked myself in.

I lay myself in my bed covered by my blanket as I drown myself with sorrows.Why is this happening to me? Why can't I just be happy?

It's better if I didn't met Chaeyoung.

It's better if I had just died that day.