[ 3 ]

MINA

Wednesday Morning. Two days after the incident. I can finally visit this woman named Chaeyoung. The person I have caused so much trouble.

As soon as I finish my breakfast, I immediately ask my parents to escort me in her room.When we finally arrived in front of her room, I stop for a second before I hesitantly knock on the door twice and enter. My parents stays outside giving me time alone with the woman.

Her back is the first thing I saw. She has black shoulder length hair and she is a bit shorter than mine. She stood in front of the windows as she looks outside.

I inhaled deeply before I clear my throat trying to get her attention which I did. She slowly turn around as I intently intake her features. She looks really young, she has prominent velvet black eyes, pointed nose, and plump lips. She has neck brace like mine and some few patches in her arms and her head.

She looks questionably at me and I realize I look at her for longer than I should.

"I'm Mina. I was the in the incident with you." I carefully said. I don't want to talk further about it to her since she don't remember. I might trigger something that can cause her a head ache.

She nods and gesture me to sit down on chair beside her hospital bed. I did as she walks closer to me and sits at the edge of her bed. We are facing each other.

"Do you know me?" she questioned.

"Just your name as the doctor told me." I honestly answered.

She gave me a tight lip smile but her eyes showed sadness and worry.

"No one knows me. Even myself." she says quietly. Both her hands are on her knees as she look at the floor with worries.

I felt my heart ache for her. She is suffering because of me. I put my right hand on top of hers. 

She gaze darts on mine.

"Don't worry. You're not alone. I'm here. I will be with you. I will help you." I sincerely said. She gave me a thankful smile and bent forward to hug me.

I don't like being touch other than my family and close friends but I'll make exception for her. I return her hug as I caress her back slowly giving her comfort she needs.

"Thank you, Mina." she whispered.

You shouldn't be. It was my fault that you're suffering. I'm sorry.

.
.
.
.
.

She is a kid. like a kid. Very innocent and always smiling. Being with her in past hours, she easily get comfortable with me.

She puppy dog eyes plea for her to be moved in my hospital room. According to her, she was bored and we still have two days left before we can be discharged.

"Pleasue... I want be here. I don't want to be alone in the other room. I want to be with you." she pleaded with pout. Her eyes pleading. What a cutie.

My mom cover her face with both of her hands and squeal. She remove her hands and I can see smile on her face. She open both of her arms wide as she approach Chaeyoung and squeeze her in a hug.

"You're too cute. We will request for it so you can moved here tonight." my mom is whipped visibly. While my dad is subtle but he is too, the way she look at Chaeyoung with adoration it was quite obvious to me.

She was able to gain my parent's love with her innocence and cuteness. My parents required her to call them both 'Mom' and 'Dad' which she is now using. I can't help but smile seeing them. A sincere smile which has been gone for a year.

"Come here, sweety" my mom called me as I walk to them. She pull me with her as she hug both of us.

"My babies." she said smiling ear to ear.

"Yah! What about me? Am I not your baby?" my dad joined in acting like a jealous kid. He walk to us and joined the group hug.

"Aren't you my daddy?" my mom teased looking at dad as my dad return it with chuckles.

I pull out from the hug and slap both of them in the upper arm.

"There is a kid here." I complained and pull Chaeyoung's head in my shoulder so it cover her right ear as I use my right hand to cover her left ear since I can't still use my left arm because of the arm sling.

I realized that my parent's didn't have this smile of happiness for a year too. Being with me, they felt my sadness and like virus it affected them too. I bring them sadness and worry. A sad reality. My parents are still here. They love me and yet I almost left them.

What's wrong with me?

If I died, they definitely be crying right now. I focus too much on myself wanting to remove the ache that I felt, not realizing I almost brought so much pain to the people love me.

God gave me this second life. She brought Chaeyoung to me. To save me from myself.

I need to live for the people who love me and I love. I'll find my reason to be real happy again.

And I think, Chaeyoung will bring answer to my prayers.