Teaser: A Devoted Father

"Dad, can we talk?" Jimin stood in front of the table nervously, fiddling with his fingers. Namjoon halted his typing and looked up to his anxious son.

"Of course, Jiminie, sit down and tell me what's happening." Jimin sat down next to Namjoon, looking away and avoiding eye contact. Namjoon shut his laptop and placed it to the far end of the desk. Work could wait for later.

"You know how I love dancing?" Namjoon nodded and smiled playfully. Namjoon remembered all of Jimin's concerts and all of his competitions.

"I know you love dancing Jiminie, you've been doing contemporary for seven years. I've been at your every concert and your every competition." The corners of Jimin's lips turned up slightly, then his face contorted into a more thoughtful and determined expression.

"I'd really like to attend The Japanese Academy of Dance for my high school years. It could mean a lot for my dancing career, it's the best dance school in Japan!" Namjoon's eyes widened and he turned around to face Jimin. 'Does Jimin realise how expensive The Japanese Academy of Dance is? It's 1527465 yen!'

"How long have you been thinking about this for?" Namjoon asked gently, the concern lilting strongly in his voice.

"For about a few months now Dad. It would really be good for my dancing career, and I love dance more than anything in the world. Please consider it Dad, please." Namjoon could hear the desperation in his son's voice, he could hear the hope.

"How about we research the school together?" Jimin nodded enthusiastically, shuffling closer to Namjoon. Namjoon turned on his laptop and logged in, going to the Google search bar and searching for the school's website.

"This place looks classy!" Namjoon exclaimed. Jimin chuckled, clapping his hands excitedly.

"Of course, it is Dad! It's The Japanese Academy of Dance!"

For the rest of the night, they researched the school, the entry fee, the cost per year, the students, reputation, everything.

"Jiminie, I know that you want this a lot, and we may be slightly tight on money, but I will do anything to get you in this school, and I mean anything, to get you in this school." Namjoon seriously stated. Jimin hugged Namjoon excitedly and shouted in joy.

"Thank you so much Dad! I won't let you down, I'll get into the school, I swear!" Jimin let go and ran to his room, jumping in victory. Namjoon chuckled whilst watching him, sighing fondly.

He then turned back to his laptop and read more information.

"For those wishing to be accepted into this academy, there are conditions as to who we accept.

1. We evaluate both the student and the parents very carefully, especially the parents.

2. The child must have at least 5 years of experience in at least one form of dance.

3. Said child also must go to an academy in which concert and/or competitions are done.

4. The child must have two parents with no record tainted by arrest or prison time. We do not accept children with single parents. The school has a notorious reputation for having the best students with best backgrounds and we will not let this rule slide for any reason. However, being divorced and dating someone else/remarrying someone else is acceptable as long as said couple has been dating for over a year."

Namjoon's heart faltered as he read it over again in his head. 'Two parents? They only allow children with two parents? I'm a single parent! How am I going to do this? I want Jimin to get into that school, my son will get into that bloody school, and he will be happy, even if it's the last thing I do!'

Author's Note: New story, I'll tell you why this story is set in Japan in the next chapter and hashtags will be updated as I go. Please vote on chapters and leave comments! Don't be shy, I love seeing what all of you have to say!