He Reigns on the Mountain - Chapter 2

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Chapter 2

The rest of the week was a flurry of activity. Unpacking boxes, getting things set up. Luckily the aunts left all of the leftovers and stocked Jess’ kitchen before they left. She had enough canned veggies and eggs to last her a lifetime. Not to mention all the meat in the freezer that she was sure came fresh from a farm.

She spent one day unpacking her boxes at the house and bringing a few things from her childhood to make it a home. A quilt her Nana had made, a couple of stuffed animals, a couple of scrapbooks and framed pictures. She spent Thursday and Friday at the school getting her classroom set up to be everything she dreamed. Luckily, the walls had drapes that she could pull and cover the walls, this would allow her to leave up her posters, signs and student work from week to week. Her desk was in the corner and was also positioned behind  a curtain that ran across the front of the classroom. The classroom itself was rather large, probably the largest classroom she had ever worked in. She guessed that on Sunday’s about a hundred people could fit in the room when the chairs were lined up.

Jess was finishing up on Friday when she suddenly heard someone speak behind her. “Did you get everything set up?” Jamie asked.

“Oh, I didn’t hear you come in,” Jess said after she jumped a little.

Jess walked over and started to turn the iPod off on the speaker. “No, leave it on.” Jamie said, “I like it. Is it Mozart?”

=======

A/N Video to the right is the song for those that would like to hear it.

=======

“Yes, Concerto Number 5.” Jess said with a smile. “I like to play classical music from time to time for the students to work to, it helps with a happy environment and studies have show the students work better with classical music playing.”

“It is nice.” Jamie said. “I just stopped by to see if you were set up OK. I meant to stop by the house the other day, but I didn’t want to intrude until you had time to settle in.”

“Oh, you could have stopped in. I don’t mind. Yes, everything is great. The house is wonderful and I think I have things here ready for Monday. I was about to close the curtains for Sunday services.” Jess said.

“Is there anything you need? Supplies for the classroom?”

“Well, I hate to ask right away, but I would love to have a couple of computers that can hook up to the Internet for the students to use.”

Jamie chuckled, “I will see what I can do.” Jess wrinkled her brow when he laughed, he said, “Sorry, but I have been telling them for years they need to run cables up here, but the rest of the community likes being isolated. So, all I can promise is that I will try.”

“I can handle that. “ Jess said with a smile.

“Well, I did want to come and check on you. Aunt Dumpy has been asking me to for the last couple of days. But, I also wanted to see if you would like to join me for dinner?”

“Sure.” Jess said as she reached for the iPod to put it in her bag.

“Good. Can you make it to my cabin? Say around six?”

“Sure.”

“If you rather, I can pick you up.”

“No, I think I can manage.”