{ miss me? }

words: 476

-

One more day.

One more day until Travis got to go back to his true home.

One more day until he was back in New York.

One more day until he got to see her again.

Travis loved California, he really did, but it didn't have one specific person that somehow made plain strawberry fields interesting.

And as much as Connor talked about how much it was him, they both knew who it really was.

Katie Gardner.

Travis had used to hate her because that was just what they were supposed to do. Enemies were supposed to hate each other, right?

Then he started hating her because he started falling for her. Not the slow kind of falling that you can stop. No, when Travis fell for Katie, it was the fast kind of falling, the kind that you can't stop, but it's also so exhilarating that you don't really want to stop it.

He had never fallen so fast before.

And he hated Katie for making him feel that way.

What gave her, his 'enemy', the right to have him daydreaming about her?

But when he stepped off the plane and saw her standing there, reading some magazine about the best ways to grow tulips, all thoughts of hate disappeared from his mind in an instant.

She didn't know how her beautiful green eyes lit up when she read a good planting technique, or how Travis's heart leapt slightly when she tucked some of her long chestnut hair behind her ear.

She did, however, know that he was there, and stood with a smile playing across her lips as he approached her.

As he neared within five feet of her, she set the magazine down and, as calmly as she could muster, ran forward to jump and wrap her arms around his neck.

Chuckling, he welcomed her hug, "Miss me, Katie-kat?"

"You wish, Stoll. Nine months away from you was practically a vacation."

"Say what you want, Kates, I know the truth."

"I'm surprised the word 'truth' is even in your vocabulary," she said, humor lacing her voice.

"Well then I guess you won't believe me if I tell you I think I'm in love with you-," processing what he'd said, and hearing his girlfriend's startled gasp, he slapped a hand over his mouth. "Uh-um-I shouldn't have said that."

Katie just stood there, shellshocked, and when she finally spoke up, her voice was slightly frosty, as if wary that it was all a prank, "You should've said it. If it was actually the truth."

"Of course it was, Kates."

"Good," she breathed a sigh of relief, "because I think- I- you know what I mean."

She cringed at her stuttering, so Travis stopped her before she could get too mad at herself, taking her hand in his, and starting towards the exit, "Always do, Katie-kat."

-

this....is really....something....that isn't really good....

look at me, back with more short fluff!!

bye!

~~