{ movie night pt. 2 }

words: 500

-

When Katie awoke, she was highly confused as to what had occurred the previous night.

She remembered falling asleep....in someone's embrace, and one other detail that happened right before she nodded off, and couldn't quite place at the moment.

For the time being, she didn't allow herself to worry too much about what had happened, and let herself return to her slumber.

The mystery person's embrace was so comfortable, with one of his hands fiddling with Katie's hair subconsciously as he started to wake up, making her never want to leave his arms.

Eyelids heavy, mind still working at a turtle's pace, Katie barely registered the painfully familiar auburn curls that temporarily blocked her vision, or the striking yet soft blue eyes that seemed to be asking her a question. She didn't even realize that the person wasn't wearing his usual cocky smirk, but instead a small, blissful, genuine smile.

She felt like someone out of a fairy tale, until Miranda awoke and saw the situation.

She had not had one of the best sleeps of her life, therefore she was not half-awake, and could easily recognize Katie's 'mystery cuddler'.

She could recognize the usually devilish smirk of Travis Stoll replaced with a real smile.

She could recognize how much softer his eyes became when he was looking at Katie.

And Miranda realized that Katie had no idea what was going on.

"Uh, Katie?"

"What, Miranda?" Katie's voice was slurred with sleep, her eyes still closed.

"Why are you...sleeping with Travis?"

In an instant, Katie jumped up from the strangely comfortable couch with a yelp, all traces of exhaustion gone from her face, "Miranda! Work on your wording!"

Miranda started to reply, but was interrupted by a loud yawn coming from the direction of the sofa.

"What's going on, Katie-ka--oh. Oh no."

Travis visibly paled under Katie's glare, and sent Miranda a pleading look as he was dragged unceremoniously from the couch, and then the Big House all together.

He thought they would be returning to their normal everyday routine of him pranking her for her attention, her yelling at him, and looking great while doing it, but he couldn't have been more wrong if he'd tried.

Katie dragged him all the way to the strawberry fields, not saying a word the whole time, and ignoring curious stares from confused campers.

When they arrived, Travis braced himself for being yelled at, but it never happened.

Instead, Katie stood up to her full height, which was still at least two inches shorter than him, and kissed him on the forehead before saying three simple words that made him smile like an idiot, "Now we're even."

Daring to push his luck, Travis wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, "Lot's more where that came from, Katie-kat."

"Don't push it, Trav."

"Such a buzzkill! So..where does this put us now?"

"A strictly non-enemy basis."

Travis wrapped an arm loosely around Katie's shoulders pulling her closer to himself, "Sounds perfect, Kates."

-

I'm not sure how much I like that one, and I wrote it at midnight oops

This was requested by@raspberrypopsicle, and I hope this lived up to your expectations!

bye!

~~