ARE YOU GUYS GIANTS?

Chapter 13

"What the hell." I jumped excitedly on the spot, he freaking brought me to ice-cream equivalent of disneyland! "How...where on earth is this place?!" I turned to him.

"Are you the president after undergoing several underground scientific procedures to get a full body surgery. If you're not, i swear i'll flip." I pointed at his face.

"Not quite."

"Then you're an undercover secret agent and this place is actually a drug trafficking central!"

"Still cold. My family owns the store."

"No way! I lived here my whole life, i'd know if there was such a place in this dump." I eyed the shop with sparkling eyes, chocolate mint! Rasberry cheesecake! Double dutch! Orange mirange? Lemon curt? Strawverry spiral? Pink guava gelato? Man this place is like ice cream heaven. I MUST HAVE THIS PLACE.

"Er. You don't mind selling it would you?"

"I'm afraif, that's a no miss." i spun around to find a rather large man. "Hey dad." Neil greted and my eyes widen.

"ARE YOU GUYS GIANTS?" i began jumping excitedly on the spot. No freaking way!

"No, but we're extremely tall."

"Ah, confidential info right? I gotcha." I winked and he laughed.

"Where did you find this lovely lady, son?" He shrugged, "We're on a date." He raised a brow. "In the middle of school time?" Crap, i forgot about that. Busted, i glanced at Neil. He nodded, a straight face on,

"Well, don't tell your mother. She'd be happy and angry at the same time."

"Sure."

"Wow, you sure are cool Neil's dad." He smiled, offering me a handshake. "Please, call me Vaughn."

"Cool name, Mr V." He chuckled and faced Neil, "I'll be inside, distracting your mother." And went inside, ushering a beautiful lady into the back.

"Well? Aren't you feeding me free ice cream anytime now? I can't wait!" He took my hand and led me inside, My chest feels uncomfortable, is it indigestion? Its so stuffy,

Here sat me down at a booth near the window, the best seat. It has a view of the outside mini garden.

I turned to watch him scoop several scoops of ice cream into glass bowls. I gasped when he set it down, all my favourite flavours. Raspberry cheesecake, double dutch and orange. It might seem like a weird combo but i like it so who cares.

He opted for chocolate, vanila and...hmm? I took a small bite. Mocha.

"What? Why are you staring at me? Oh alright, it's only fair i guess, here." I took a spoonful of my raspberry cheesecake and offered it to him. "Well? Take it."

Instead of taking the spoon, he opened his mouth and took it into his mouth. I blushed, it felt...intimate? What a i saying? It's normal, i do it with my brother all the time. Snap out of it.

"W--we're even now." I looked down and focused on my delicious ice cream. YUM! Especially the orange the right balance of sweet, sour and zesty!

"So good." I moaned, it was cold so i can't eat it as fast as i wanted. Oh there it is. "Brainfreeze!" Argh.

Before i knew it, something was placed in front of me. "Hot coco?"

"It helps." I smiled and thanked him. I resumed digging into my favourite dessert. "It's better than Ben & Jerry's. Where did you guys get these frozen meth huh?"

"It's homemade."

"No flipping way!" I peered at my empty bowl. "NO WAY! All of them?" He nodded and i jumped out of my seat, "No way no way no way. That is awesome!!" I sat back down and looked at my bowl sadly. It's all gone. I stared at the display case longingly.

Neil got up and took my bowl as well.

He came back with refills this time with different flavours i never tried before.

I looked at it, "Try it." I picked up my spoon and took a scoop to my lips. YUM. "That's mango and honeydew frozen yogurt." I took another bite. That's heavenly. I tried the other one. "Dark chocolate and caramel."

Sinful. That's the best description.

"Argh, no more. i'm about to burst." I burped. Not the first time i filled my tummy with undiluted ice cream. I have a 100% possibility of having stomach ache tomorrow but i'm gluttony for punishment.

"Huh? Where are we going?" I asked when Neil held my hands and helped me up, exiting the store.

"We should say bye to your old man." We kept walking. Ugh, i can't, i just can't. i fel like a fat pregnant lady right now. "Hey, stop, pleae stop." He did, facng me in inquiry.

"Bend on one knee." He raised a brow but still did it.

I hopped onto his back and made him piggyback me. "I'm full of ice cream, can't walk. Sorry, really heavy right?"

"Light." He muttered softly, i barely heard it.

"So where are we going?" He didn't answer, must be a surprise, maybe it'll be chocolates this time. Or better yet, cake! Man, cake rocks.

"Are you going to play now? I'm kind of sleepy though." I mumbled, eyelids felt like lead, in the end they closed and i slept like a baby.

***

No, no more Mr Ice Cream, you're too good for me. No, oh no, don't melt. I'll eat you, i promise i will, don't melt! "MR ICE CREAM!" I jolted awake then screamed in horror as a black figure approached me.

"Hey." The figure said, approaching me and away from the shade.

"Crap, you scared the hell out of me." I scowled, clutching my poor heart. Some shock i went through, it was beating erratically.

"Wait, where are we? Some kind of cliff? i knew it. this is where you push me off and laugh maniacally. Do it. i'm mentally prepared. just know that my dad would be p-i-s-s-e-d once he finds out. Derek would probably cry like a pussy but Ariel will man up and stay with her man or girl, it's kind of comfusing."

"I'm not going to kill you."

"Yeah right, do it before i run and dude, i have zebra leg." Unfortunately no stamina, but i didn't say that out loud.

He chuckled, what? Did i say something funny?

"it's almost sunset." i shrugged so? i've seen plenty of sunsets in my life andit pretty much looks the same. if the sun was purple or green now that'd be something crazy to look at.

"Oookay. Well, i give you permission to kill me after it's dark."

"There will be no killing." Of course not, i'll kick your ass first. I rolled my eyes, guys and their ego.

"Here." He handed me a sandwich and can of sprite, "Last supper, got it." I winked,

He smilef faintly and ate his sandwich whilst staring at the sky. It was nice, the air is so much better up here and you can see the whole town even my house, well, it was easy to spot since it was larger and isolated from the rest.

Then there it was.

Like a cheesynmovie, we watched the sunset as we ate and i feel like maybe this is what he wanted to let me see. Obviously, no one usually comes here and he looks like he owns the place since he looks so damn comfortable here.

"This date is so cheezy." I chewed.

"You slept through the lazer tag i intended to let you play but I'll try harder next time." He sipped his coke.

"If i'll agree to a next time."