[9]

c h a p t e r - n i n e

"What can you say about our house? Pretty big, huh?" Mark bragged.

"This is a mansion." You smirked.

"We have a garden here. Do you want to see?" He smiled sheepishly, grabbing the handle to open it for you.

You nodded, watching him unleash the three layers of locks. "That would be a great idea."

He kindly joined you on some small tour you've been doing. You're not sure though, it could be Taeyong's order to follow you around.

"Wow.." You muttered as soon as Mark flung the gates open. A wide field of healthy soil with beautiful flowers surrounded you. The soft wind was blowing the precious smell of the flowers. "This isn't just a garden.. This is another place, Mark."

"You've been complimenting our place too much. I'm starting to think that you would love to stay here." He joked, closing the door behind and catching up on you.

"Ha. No thanks. I better work hard to achieve all of this." You unconsciously said, still dazed by the view.

Mark appreciated your sentence and he somehow looked up at you. For being brave to survive such things at a young age and strives up until now.

"There's some resting area at every corner. We should sit there while viewing the place." He didn't wait for your respond and instead walked the other way.

You trailed behind and stopped yourself from gasping in awe. The benched are beautiful that some real flowers are wrapped around it. Mark gave you enough space to sit as he rested his elbow in the handle. Your attention averted into him.

You internally approved at yourself for his features. Who wouldn't? His face is so soft and his smile is always reassuring. It makes you want to be happy all the time

"I know I'm probably camouflaging with the flowers but you shouldn't stare at me." He chuckled.

You quickly turned away and pretended to be annoyed while taking a sit at the very end, not wanting to let even your clothes touch his. "Sorry but I wasn't staring at you."

"I don't need Jungwoo to tell that you're lying."

You rolled your eyes while mumbling 'you wish' when you're clearly guilty about what he claimed.

The cold wind passed by while you and Mark sit in silence, both of you enjoying your own company and seemed to be in a different thoughts.

Until he decided to speak. "You enjoyed staying here?"

"It's unreasonable to disagree." A soft smile spread in your face. The view was soothing. It's as if the flowers would always calm anyone who's distressed.

"All thanks to Doyoung hyung." He sighed heavily and leaned his back. "This was just a plain soil with some few plants planted. But he made everything grow. The plants somehow get attached to him though. We don't have to take care of it so much to bloom so beautiful, it comes out naturally."

"I still can't believe I'm actually close to a.. well.. waterboy?" You humorously asked.

Mark's contagious laughter boomed. You smirked, a little bit wanting to laugh just by hearing his laughter.

"Do you mind telling me about your abilities?" Mark eagerly nod on your question but he was just about to speak when you covered his mouth making his eyes turned circle. "If it adds up the reason why I should stay here then don't tell me about it!"