[82]

c h a p t e r - e i g h t y t w o

[Hours before the Previous Event]

Sicheng was silently watching everyone around him. He noticed how most of his brothers and friends in that place are running out of breath, feeling like dying. Perhaps they are.

"Y/N, Y/N. Her name's Lee Y/N." Donghyuck mumbled repeatedly while his head was pulled down, obviously weak.

"Why do you keep repeating her name? You are scaring me." Mark uttered, blinking rapidly for his bruise was located under his eyes.

When there was no response from Donghyuck, his brothers including Kun, shoot worried glances. The youngest remained mumbling your name, creating pressured reactions from the others.

"Lee Haechan, get your senses back. Stop repeating her name like she's gonna disappear or something." Taeyong scolded, brows furrowing deeply because of his irritation concealing his extremely worried emotions. It added up the fact that Donghyuck was just looking down, looking extremely far from himself. "I swear-"

Suddenly, his head looked up. Donghyuck's heavy eyelids slowly opened before shooting a death stare into someone. "Someone's controlling me."

The first thought would be the villains trying to control him.

But Donghyuck was quick to pout his lips, acting as if telling an elder that someone stole his candy. "Yuta hyung is controlling me."

"NAKAMOTO!" Taeyong growled, looking at Yuta this time. "Stop. Using. Your. Abilities. Atleast not this time."

Yuta blinked his eyes cutely, his gaze seeming like those pleasing iris of an anime. "But-"

"No fucking buts. Not using your ability doesn't mean your weak. Reserve your strength and your pride before we face those bastards. Got it?" Taeyong breathed heavily, ignoring every aching vein in him.

To cut off the dramatic line Taeyong dropped, Doyoung spoke. "And you, Lee Taeyong, stop talking. You are wasting your energy being a mad grandpa when you can just say 'shut your mouth or you'll be a grilled potato with my remaining ability'".

There was a huge space of silence. Everyone was too tired to react nor to fight back. They decided to keep their words to themselves and let the silence devour their messy mind.

The case isn't entirely close to be honest. Even if there were no words between them, Donghyuck's faint whisper can still be heard.

Lucas cleared his throat and nudged Ten who's literally aching to move. "Uhh.. what do I do with Haechan? He won't stop talking."

"Ugh, just let him be. I'm busy dying." Ten rolled on the other side while still wearing a pained expression.

It all shattered once he was sure Lucas wouldn't see his true emotions tho.

His eyes teared up. His worry was making his heart heavy, and so does everyone's thoughts. Some in the room are planning to give up, some are starting to overthink if they'll really succeed, some are burning with passion to save you and everyone else. It was a heartbreak to witness such events like this.

Each one is so broken that they can't even lean on each other's back.

"Y/N. Y/N. Lee-Y-N. That's her name." Donghyuck continued to utter. "Lee Y/N."