[81]

c h a p t e r - e i g h t y o n e

"Jaemin.." You mumbled, eyes quivering while looking at the very same person you used to roll your eyes with is now tying some glowing chains on your wrist.

You have no idea what's with the mystical bolts but you won't bother finding out.

Wishing that you can actually use your abilities and make your way out right now while there are no guards and another opponent, you had learned your lesson. Impulsive acting leads you to nowhere. Sometimes, in even more danger. You have to act thoroughly.

And perhaps let this alone time with Jaemin be the way you can change.

"There," Jaemin heaved as he tightened the chain. All your pride behind to act tough, it felt hot in your skin. It was painful. His thumb caressed it gently and it provided an unnecessary feeling of serenity. You hated it. "Does it hurt?"

You scoffed with the mixture of annoyance and sarcasm, staying still and reading his next moves.

Surprisingly, he just sat on the ground near you.

"You don't seem to be replying any time." Jaemin sighed while he dusted his knees off. "You're quite a fast runner. You could've join some sports in our school. Why didn't you approached me? Or.. why didn't I see your speed? You know, I have a lot of colleagues in there and I could've listed your name in varsity."

"Cut your shit out." You spat, glaring at him.

Obediently, he just sat on the ground silently while his feet tap. You didn't want to ask what's gonna happen now. You sure as hell everyone will be in danger anyway.

While looking at Jaemin, you can't help but feel nostalgic.

You realized how he actually played some part in your life.

Jaemin used to have a crush on you on your first year high school days. You remember rejecting his loads of chocolate-childish gift, as you call it, at Valentine's Day wherein no one even knows you two are communicating since both of you are extremely quiet that time as recall.

During your school years, you were oblivious that his extreme good looks caught the campus' attention that made him become one of the famous people in that place.

He is also famous for being a big flirt, by the way. He casually buy chocolates for random ladies cause he's bored.

Although his popularity rate is rising, you had completely forgotten who he was especially that he was in another school section through the years.

You can't even remember all your classmates' name in your section, what more to your batchmates from different sections?

Reflecting while you're at the current dangerous situation, you realized that it must be funny for him to see you not remember him when he asked for your number, which you responded by giving Jeno's contact.

But he doesn't seem to care at all though. You bet he also forgot about you while he was in his own study place with his own classmates.

Overall, it just reminds you of how Jaemin is originally a human being.

And now, you feel sad.