15 - say my name again

Ashton's a jerk. That's honestly the only way to explain the way he texted me. I don't know if he's just mad that we've never met or if he's getting bored with me, but neither is a reason for him to talk to me the way he did.

It's been two weeks since he stopped texting me. When I told him I would stop texting, I meant it. But deep down, a part of me has been hoping that he would cave. I want him to still want to talk to me as desperate as that makes me sound.

In the mean time, I've sort of been acting like an ex-girlfriend that can't get over her boyfriend. I check his Twitter and Instagram constantly for any ideas on how he might be feeling. There was a tweet yesterday that stood out. At least, I think it stands out? Jesus Christ, I don't even know anymore.

@Ashton5SOS: I MISS YOU HOUSTON 

I remember telling him that my last name was Houston, but he could also be talking about the city. I love Houston too, so I don't blame him if that's what he means. A lot of replies on the tweet show fans sticking up for their cities and it makes me laugh a little. 

I miss him. I miss him so much. We've been talking constantly for almost two months and now that we've suddenly stopped, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm afraid that he's too stubborn to try to talk to me again. What if he never texts me and we just lose comunication? I can't let that happen. 

You know what? Go big or go home, I'm calling that motherfucker.

I have to spend about five minutes building up the nerves to text him. And don't think I only do this for Ashton. I hate talking on the phone and have to prepare myself for whoever I call. It could be a damn automated voice message and I'd still be nervous as shit.

I find Ashton's number on my phone and start to call him. During the three rings, I contemplate hanging up and just forgetting about everything. But then what would I do? Go back to stalking him? No, we're too close now and this is one friendship that I have no desire to lose.

The phone rings a few times and then he picks up.

"Hello?" His accent is so nice to hear and I have no idea what to do with myself. Seriously, what are words? Because I obviously have no idea how to speak.

"Maddie, are you there? Don't be scared," He says softly. I'm seriously about to have a panic attack. Why the hell did I call him? To stand here and breathe like a fucking creep?

I am scared, Ashton! Gosh, why are you so perfect? I may act like a brave little shit when we text, but the truth is, I'm a pansy. 

"I know you're there, I can hear you. Just talk when you're ready. I can wait," He says and I hear the smile on his voice. I've watched enough interviews and videos to know what his voice sounds like when he's happy.

So, is this it? Are we not mad at each other anymore? Because he really doesn't sound angry and that makes me happy. The last thing I want is for him to be mad at me.