Chapter 5

It was dark outside when I woke up. I looked down and noticed that I was still in my uniform,  I laid back and tried to remember what happened, then it all came flooding back to me. The face of the insane man came  to my mind, the man who accused my father as a killer who killed his wife. Lastly, the near death experience; I shuddered at that thought.

Speaking of that, I looked, only to find the chair next to my bed empty. My heart sank a bit, and I am not going to lie; Jay must have left while I was sleeping, I wonder where he is right now and if his wound is okay, he should at least rest until he gets better. I have yet to thank him.

I tried to sit up from my bed, wincing at the sharp pain in my back. I unconsciously rubbed it while sitting up.

Looking around the room, my eyes landed on a sleeping figure on my spare bed..well two exactly. why haven't I realised before? I looked over at those two, Jay was lying facing the ceiling with his hands behind his head, lightly snoring while Arron was curled to Jay's side sleeping peacefully.

I smiled at that, they are so cute together and I had to resist the urge to snap a photo. I watched them for a while, creepy I know, but I have never see Arron get so close to a male adult; his impression of a male adult is ruined by our father when he became abusive and alcoholic. They look so much like father and son; though I doubt Jay is that old, maybe like siblings.

Being careful not to wake them, I slowly got off my bed, tip-toed downstairs while checking the time. Oh crap, It's 7:30pm already?! How long have I been sleeping? If dad was home, I surely would've gotten a real beating for sleeping through the time I was suppose to make dinner. I thought to myself, thanking the heavens for the absence of my father.

Quickly, I got to work and started cooking. I made dinner in hope of thanking Jay during the process, that's the least I can do, I don't think he wants to go to the hospital for his wounds, there must be a reason and I am not pushing it.

Pizza, Pin wheels, Mashed potatoes, Curry and also chicken soup. I also made mileshake and mudcake for dessert. After I finished making them, I checked the time to see that it's already 8:55pm. It amuses me how they had slept through the banging of the pots and pans while I cooked.  I quickly set the tables up and maade my way upstairs.

"DINNER'S READY!" I shouted while making my way towards my bedroom. They were still sleeping when I walked in and were still in the same position as before.

"Come on lazy, get up, it's dinner time, aren't you guys hungry?" I asked them, while making my way over to the bed. Jay groaned, then rolled over while putting an arm on the sleeping Arron. Arron yawned and slowly opened his eyes, then frowned cutely at Jay's hand on him.

Arron wriggled and tried to get out of his hold, not succeeding one bit. I was surprised when Arron put his hand on Jay's face and tried to wake him up.

"Wake up, wake up!" Arron chanted while patting Jay's sleeping face with both hands.

Seeing that Jay had no response, Arron climbed on top of him and blew on his face, while unintentionally spraying Jay's face with his spit. I tried to hold in a laugh when Jay's eyes shot open, staring wide eyes at Arron.

"Ew, that's gross Arron." I laughed, unable to hold it in anymore.

Jay's eyes landed on me as I spoke, taking in my figure, and I suddenly felt self conscious. His intense eyes scanned me, and I averted my eyes away from him and looked around awkwardly. He snapped out of it and lifted Arron off him, sat up, then walked into the bathroom without giving me a second glance.

I heard the tap turn on once he walked in and I assume he was washing his face.

Confused by his sudden change of attitude, I walked over to Arron, hugging him.