Chapter 2

***"Aiesha, stop being so silly and put your seatbelt on!!"

Mum turned around and faced me while driving 100km\hr on the highway.

" Why mum? Seatbelts are too restricting and uncomfortable, why do they have them for anyways?" I answered ignorantly.

" Aiesha Rose, put on your seatbelt now! Urgh." She grunted as she took off her seatbelt, trying to reach for me.

I quickly dodged out of her reach and quickly clicked my seatbelts on. Smiling at her.

She glared at me for a long time, but my attention was suddenly drawn to the headlights that was coming straight at our car.

" MUM, CAR, THE CAR MUM!!!!" I screamed, but it was too late, the impact of the crash sent mum flying out of the car...******

BEEP BEEP BEEP... The sound of my alarm woke me up from my nightmare, I was sweating all over and my hair was stuck to my face, pushing the hair out of my face, I glanced at the time

Oh no, its 7:45am, and school starts at 8:20am. It doesn't take a maths genius to figure out that I'll be late if I don't hurry.

I looked over to see Arron still sleeping peacefully,

"Wake up Arron, it's time for school, come on"

"Hmmm..." He groaned unwillingly and went back sleeping.

" You're gonna be late for school, so you want Ms Means to get angry?"

Upon hearing that, his eyes shot open and he shot up from his bed, hehehe, thanks Ms Mean, saves me from being late for school.

" Arron, get dressed while I go and make breakfast for dad okay? " He nodded quietly and went to the wardrobe. Although Arron is seven years old, he can do most things by himself without me having to worry too much.

After finishing making the breakfast, I quickly got ready, putting on makeup to cover the bruises I got from yesterday. Light foundation then a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. I checked myself one last time before heading to drop Arron off school.

I walked slowly through the forest after I dropped Arron off, you might be wondering why there's a forest, the forest spreads along the town and it's right between my house and the school, so for me to get to school, I would have to walk through this forest.

I don't mind walking through the forest, in fact, I enjoy every moment of it, the beautiful green leaves, and the chirping of the birds, it makes my mind at peace and also helps me to calm down, forget about all my problems and worries.

I was greeted by my friends Sally and Mei. Sally, Mei and I have known each other since we were in our infant years, we are all childhood friends and we know each other inside out. They know me and what happened to my mum, but unlike the other kids, they've never kept their distance from me. They don't look at me with the sympathy that I hate, they treat me as their equal.

"Morning Aiesha~" Sally chirped.

" Why so cheerful?" I mumbled looking at her face.

" Have you heard about the murder that took place last night?" Mei suddenly asked me, her face turning dark.

Huh, murder in our town? Our town is pretty small, every one knows everyone, no one would dare to murder right?

" What murder?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

" So you haven't heard... well the police are still trying to investigate, they believe that the murderer is a long lost criminal, Jay woods, I think it was...." Sally trailed off, deep in thoughts.