Chapter 7: The In-between

Angel's POV:

I am worried about him. I have called him five times, and he didn't answer me once. I know why because I was in the wrong. I was the one who didn't believe him. I now know that him and this girl Alice have a past tho and that doesn't settle well with me at all. It's not that I don't trust him, It's that I don't trust her at all. She was everything I wasn't and Ryder was a hot ass man.

As I pull up to the house I remember where Nick said the spare key was, and I let myself into the house.

"Nick man I'm not in the mood to see you or talk. I may have just lost the girl." I hear him say. He thinks I'm Nick which means he hasn't talked to him yet. I pull my phone out and text Nick and let him know I found him. As I get closer I can see he looks a mess like he regrets what happened even though it was my fault.

"It's not Nick, and you didn't lose me Ryder, yeah I was mad but I also never let you explain like I should have. I should have believed you." I say to him softly. He lifts his head up so fast that I kinda giggle.

"Babygirl? Is that really you", He looks at me like I'm going to disappear.

"Ryder" I say softly

He gets up and touches my face looking at me. Next thing I know his lips are on mine. The kiss was full of need, but it was also soft and sweet. It had my head spinning.his hands move to my waist pulling me close to him. I wrap my arms around his neck, not wanting this to end. I pull away from him breathless. I look up at him and see the mystery in his eyes again.

"Ryder I am so sorry." I say to him

"No, I am sorry I shouldn't have asked Nick about Alice, I should have just gone alone and not worried about it." he says to me

"I don't want you to have to go to her for anything. Love." I say to him, and he looks at me confused, but quickly his face turns to anger.

"He told you didn't he." He says to me his jaw tensing.

"Yes, but Love it's not you I don't trust it's her." I say softly looking down like a child.

He grabs my chin and lifts my face so I am looking at him. "I don't want her, I want you Angel." The sweetness in his tone melts any anger I had for anyone left.

"Why don't I stay and we can talk in the morning?'' I say to him, seeing that he looks really tired.

"Yeah I like the sound of that Babygirl." He says with a child-like smile on his face.

He leads me up stairs to his room and it's a lot like him not going to lie. It's dark but it also has this old wood feeling to it, not to mention that his bed was huge.

"Wow this looks so comfy." I giggle as I jump on the bed

I hear him chuckle.

"Here you need something to sleep in." He says to me handing me a shirt that he most of got from the dresser.

" Thank you hot stuff. Where is the bathroom?" I ask him with a smirk on my face.

"Over there" He says, pointing to a door behind him. Before I can get into the bathroom I feel something rub on my ankles. Looking down I smile and pick up Ping.

"Why hello, what is? A wild Ping." I pet him hearing him start to purr and cuddle into me.

" Alright mister man whore, she is my woman." I hear Ryder say before Ping is taken from me.

"Go change he will be here when you get back." He says leaning in to kiss me again and I smile

When I come back Ryder is lying in the bed in a pair of shorts and no shirt. HOLY FUCK this man is so hot and the tattoos all over his body just make it even better.