Chapter 7 - Mistakes

"Kacchan!"

"Bakugo."

At the door, Bakugo was greeted by two small children clinging tightly to his legs, each with their own version of a smile. The ash-blond had on his Hero costume, though parts of his mask and pants were torn along with soot in his hair. He picked up the two hybrid children as they embraced him tightly, tails wagging and ears twitching.

Aizawa and Yamada watched as Bakugo bathed in the warmth and small cuddles from Todoroki and Midoriya, smiles on their faces as Aizawa finished his tea, setting his cup down before ambling over to the three.

"Bakugo, how did the investigation go?" Aizawa asked, Yamada joining beside him as Mako decided to have attention and rub against Aizawa's legs.

Bakugo's calm expression turned sour as Todoroki and Midoriya buried their faces into the crook of his neck, "That damn bastard is still on the loose. We've got a few clues as to where he could be, but as of now, it's a mystery. Chief recommends a lockdown on Musutafu until Daisuke is captured."

Aizawa nodded, "Then Todoroki and Midoriya can stay here with Present Mic until he's captured and the town is safe. Is that alright with you, Bakugo?"

Bakugo had a look of irritation and jealousy on his face, his grip tightening on the two children in his arms, "I've been on this investigation long enough. I think it's about time I spend the rest of the day at home with Halfie and Deku. Tell the Chief I'm on break and to have someone else continue the investigation." He turned on his heels and headed out the door, not caring for Aizawa's yelling and demands. Bakugo just wanted to go home and spoil his kids, wake up the next morning with them clinging to his sides, the smell of breakfast wafting their noses as large smiles grow on their faces. At the thought, the ash-blond Hero smiled, readying Todoroki and Midoriya in the car before driving home.

During the drive home, the two kids fell asleep on each other, leaning over their seatbelts with their hands entwined. Bakugo smiled through the mirror, parking in the driveway as he shut off the engine and exited the car, opening the back door and taking a minute to smile upon the small versions of his friends.

What have they done to me? Bakugo thought, unbuckling them before carrying the two inside the house, feeling their grips tighten on his costume. I've grown attached to them.

Bakugo slipped off his boots and headed into his bedroom, gently laying Todoroki and Midoriya on the bed and covering them with blankets. The ash-blond quickly tore off his costume and replaced it with thin pajamas, taking a quick shower, then sliding into the bed as the two kids snuggled into the warmth Bakugo emitted.

"We love you, Kacchan..." Midoriya mumbled, his cottontail wagging as a small smile grew on his freckled cheeks. "You're the best..."

Bakugo grew flustered, running his fingers through the locks of both Todoroki and Midoriya's hair, "Yeah...love you too, you dorks."

***

|Day Four - Three Days Before Transformation|

"Kacchan!! Wake uuuup!" Midoriya yelled, shaking Bakugo's shoulders and trying to wake Todoroki. "My mom's at the door!!"

Bakugo growled in his throat, pushing Midoriya off his chest, "Then open the door, Deku. You can do it yourself." He turned on his side, drawing a sleeping Todoroki to his chest as he proceeded to get more sleep.

Midoriya whined, "I can't reach the lock!"

The Pro hero grumbled under his breath, throwing off the covers and gently sliding off the bed with Midoriya next to him. Bakugo picked up Todoroki, adjusting him in his grip before heading to the living room and peering through the peephole. Inko was standing before the door, a frown on her face as she stared at the ground.