Chapter 11: Tuesday

I spent my whole free time reading at the library, and occasionally going to their canteen whenever I'm hungry. I also took a short nap when my eyes get tired — Mrs. Cherry doesn't mind — then back to reading again.

The author got me hooked by her story already. Every flip of the page makes my heart pound, getting more excited as to how Bea would react once she meets her mother; I even forgot about the other character because of my curiosity. I would've had a hard time believing everything if I find out that I am adopted at the age of 22. Hands down to her adoptive parents for hiding it real good.

The silence inside the library was disturbed when 5 Seconds of Summer's Voodoo Doll started playing.

Holy shit! I forgot to put it in silent mode again.

Everybody started to look at me, including Mrs. Cherry, as I reached for my phone and skidaddled; I even bumped into one of the chairs on my way out.

"You just embarassed me inside the library," I deadpanned as soon as I answered the call.

"It wasn't my fault you forgot to silent it... again." Elizabeth, my cousin, said. I can already imagine her shifting her eyeballs from left to right — her improvised way of an eye roll. "Anyways, I just called to see if you're doing fine. It must've been hell out there!"

The only thing I'm grateful to have her is because she knows me well and we both have almost the same attitude. We sympathize each other; if she hates that person, I'll hate that person too, and same goes for me.

"I'm barely living." I rolled my eyes as I sighed, sitting on the flower boxes just in front of the library.

If Justin and his band didn't have any vocalist crisis, I don't know what I'll be doing to kill some time. I can't even play my bass since I might disturb their class — I should've left it back home rather than bringing it with me here in Aloran.

"Awe! You poor thing," she cooed as if she's talking to one of her puppies. "I could've gone with you there if daddy agreed." She's definitely pouting right now. Her dad's overly protective when it comes to her since she's an unica hija in their family.

"Awe! Poor thing," I mimicked her and stood up when I saw Justin's figure approaching, "why don't you be a good daughter there and man the business."

I hanged up, just in time. He smiled at me before asking me if I'm ready to go. I hurriedly went back inside the library to get my things and bid goodbye to Mrs. Cherry.

The walk to the practice room was quiet. He doesn't talk a lot, unlike Keith who doesn't run out of topics. He's still quiet just like when we were kids.

He never complains when you take a piece of food from his plate. He never talks to anybody, except to those who are close to him or if the topic is something that will catch his interest.

I didn't notice we were already outside the practice room because of my thoughts.

They were already inside; Ivaun chasing Keith with a drumstick on hand ready to smack the latter, — who's laughing his ass out — and Line who was leaning at the backrest of the monoblock chair, amused by the two. Keith stopped running when he saw us, and Ivaun finally got the chance to smack him with the drumsticks. That's gotta hurt!

I suddenly remembered the PAW back in General Santos. Though we were not as energetic as this band - and our drummer doesn't hit our head with a drumstick - we all have the connection that this band also have. Brotherhood and sisterhood.