Roses and Black Glass: a dark Cinderella tale

A dark retelling of Cinderella in early America. In an age when cutting up dead bodies is considered taboo, Cindy’s father is a mortician. She is happy with their fascinating life, though controversial, until he marries Anna van Burren and two new sisters are brought into the family.  After her father’s death, Cindy’s life spirals into darkness as she is forced to become a servant in her own home, wait on her hated siblings, and can’t even let the one man she thinks about know that she is alive.  This man is also the object of her step-sisters’ affections, and he must marry before age twenty-one if he is to get his inheritance.  That day is fast approaching.  All hope for Cindy being that woman – or of salvaging anything that should have been left of her life – seems lost.  It takes the appearance of a strange woman who brings a wicked prophecy for Cindy to see how blessed she can become – and to see what sacrifices were made to give her hope once again.

http://www.wattpad.com/story/863176-roses-and-black-glass-a-dark-cinderella-tale

I just finished reading this book. It's a darker take on Cinderalla. This book is wonderfully written. It's an awesome read..:)