The Key to Erebus

The truth can kill you…

Taken as a small child, from a life where vampires, sirens and mythical creatures are real and treacherous, Jéhenne Corbeaux is totally unprepared when she returns to France to stay with her eccentric Grandmother.

Thrown headlong into a world she knows nothing about she seeks to learn the truth about herself, uncovering secrets more shocking than anything she could ever have imagined and finding that she is by no means powerless to protect the ones she loves.

Despite her Gran’s dire warnings, she is inexorably drawn to the dark and terrifying figure of Corvus, an ancient vampire and master of the Albinus family.

Jéhenne is about to find her answers and discover that, not only is Corvus far more dangerous than she could ever imagine but that he holds much more than the key to her heart…

http://www.wattpad.com/story/2112857-the-key-to-erebus

The plot is well written.Jehenne has a huge fight with her parents and she moves to rural France to stay with her Grandma. She finds that the world is not what she had imagined and that the supernatural creatures actually exist. She goes to the council of Elders with her Grandma, where she first sees Corvus. Corvus looses control on seeing Jehenne.There's a madman who's killing off the Keepers. Jehenne is overwhelmed by all this. Despite her Gran's warnings about vampires, Jehenne comes to realize that not all vampires are evil.

I like this book because the characters are realistic. The heroine is not all perfect, she over reacts sometimes and does really stupid things. I liked Rodney the most. English accent is my weekness :P:P. Gran is not one of my favorite characters, I feel that she manipulates everything to suit her wishes. 

All in all a pretty good read. Thanks to bedda357 for recommending this book to me.