Reveal

Hinata looked up at the rain clouds above as he finished wrapping his father's bento. He sighed as he looked down at his left. He had used a icy hot bad onto it to try and calm the pain. He felt like pain shooting up his entire body. Rainy days were the worst for Hinata, his leg was acting up and the pain would only intensify as the rain continues. He ran to school as normal and acted as normal as he could. During morning practice Hinata smiled gritting his teeth as he pretended not to feel like his whole left leg wasn't set a blaze. The humidity made him sweat but Hinata was lucky to bring two pairs of pants. No one seemed to notice a thing, but the humidity got worse, and the heat got worse.

Hinata was sweating bullets as pain shot up his leg. During classes he was given a bit of a break off his leg, the pain was too great to eat anything so during lunch break he used the bathroom and let himself be relieved of his prosthetic before putting it back on and facing his next class. Hinata looked down at his aching leg. This was going to be a rough practice.

The final bell rang and that meant Hinata would have to face a painful practice. He Waited in the classroom finishing up his English homework. He didn't want to go to practice , but he didn't want to miss valuable training time either. He rubbed his leg as he finally finished his homework, he waved his teacher goodbye as he limped out the door. Hinata came into the changing room for the volleyball team dropping his bag on the floor, he went to his locker to get his shirt, pants, extra sleeve for his leg, and his cream. Though he'd be a little late, he had to make sure he could get through practice. He rubbed the ointment into pinkish skin which had some friction burns. He hissed as he massaged the cream into the skin, he could do this. He wasn't going to let this stop him. No way.

Hinata as the cream dried, he changed his shirt and adjusted his prosthetic. He chanted in his mind that he would be fine. Pulling on the sleeve then his prosthetic he walked to the gymnasium. When they asked where he was he told them he was held up by the teacher. No one questioned it, Kageyama told him to come faster next time and the orange haired boy just laughed it off. Hinata managed to hit every ball and go through practice easily enough. He managed to get through practice without a single person becoming suspicious. He didn't bother changing that day, as soon as he finished cleaning he ran out the door waving everyone goodbye.

He thought he'd be fine. The smell of disaster filled his nostrils. 

It rained that night. His leg hurt so much that he had to take his special painkillers before passing out. He would take his painkillers more often but he knew that they were expensive and they made him sleepy anyways. That morning his father had to drop him off at school in his car which he takes to work. Though his parents told him he could stay home if he wanted to. They told him to take it easy, but Hinata brushed them off with a smile and hug. He promised to not push himself and he would go to the nurse if he needed to rest. He was to be picked up as well.

Hinata agreed as his mother helped him finish the bentos for that day. Hinata was dropped off early enough for morning practice he felt bad since he usually raced Kageyama but Hinata couldn't expose his prosthetic to too much water either. Hinata sighed as he watched his sister bounce excitedly in the seat with him. As much as Hinata loved their car he partially resented it because he knew his parents only got it since he lost his leg. Their workplaces were far but they could take the train station. His father sent him off with a smile, Hinata under his umbrella smiled as well. Though they both knew he wasn't actually smiling.

Hinata opened the doors to see the team already practicing. He didn't realize but he was this late to practice. The team looked at him with a bit of surprise, especially Kageyama as if it was impossible for him to be late to practice. Hinata uneasy under the shocked glances skipped to Suga and Dachi, 'Sorry,I had something at home to deal with.' Hinata whispered, he had come so late all he could do was stretch. Not that Hinata minded, he felt like crap. To put it in a nice way. His leg had a dull continuous pain that shot up to the bottom of his spine. He could bear the pain though he has to. He went to class dealing with it easily and he didn't eat lunch in the lunchroom with his friends, he  went to the bathroom to apply his cream and give his leg a break. He left class late to practice this time though avoiding everyone though he always made sure to keep a smile and his energy.