Acceptance

Hinata placed out cups and juice, not wanting to make tea this late in the evening and make dinner. He sat next to his sister on the sofa who was playing a game on his phone. The team member sat anxiously except Tsukishima who was sipping the juice and seemed bored. The father seemed to be angry as the mother was the one to strike up a conversation. "So you must be Hinata's friends. Excuse us for seeming awkward. He's never brought any friends home, much less a whole group visiting." She started wanting to break some of the tension.

The group was surprised Hinata didn't have friends over though with his leg it probably made sense. "Hinata is always such a good boy, it's nice to see he relies on his senpais and friends to help him bring his school work." The mother said, taking a sip of her own juice. Hinata heard the ringing of the rice cooker go off. He had to finish up dinner soon. He didn't want to face the team, he knew they were gonna kick him off and tell everyone that he was weak. He felt tears sting his eyes but he refused to cry in front of his team again. He had cried every night since he had been taken home, he was going to lose the first real team he joined.

The group except Tsukishima looked pained at their decoy who looked like he was barely keeping himself together. As soon as Hinata stepped out of the room did the father speak up, his glare once more returning on his face. He looked like he would murder any of the players in cold blood making all the players shiver a bit. His wife pinched his arm, sending him a glare before sending her daughter away and looking at the boys in front of her. The unsettling silence disturbed the usually loud group feeling a bit out of place.

"Hinata is my first child and I love him dearly." The mother looked at each of the boys who nodded, waiting for her to continue. "After... the accident he was devastated. Anyone would be if they lost their left leg from the knee down. He was in so much pain." The mother's eyes started to get teary, her husband pulled her closer and also pained. "After that he was quiet, but he would do whatever he could to help us. He cooked, watched his baby sister, cleaned, and did the laundry. The list is endless. So when he asked for a prosthetic so that he could play, it was a surprise. Volleyball is the only thing he'll ever ask for... so as his parents anything volleyball related we got. At first, we thought he was pushing himself, but how could we say no? He studies, cleans and doesn't want anything else. It's the only thing that'll make him truly happy." The mother's lip trembled as she wiped her eyes and took a shaky breath.

The team stared, they couldn't believe how much the boy did. To them he seemed like an idiot who only thought about volleyball. The father was the one to speak up his voice rough and deep, "I blame myself for him losing his leg, countless times I've been told it's not my fault but I vowed whatever makes me so smile I would do it. He was homeschooled for a long portion of his life and he's never brought any friends home. For Hinata he doesn't care as long as he plays volleyball and we are happy he can enjoy something. So," the father swept his eyes across the room looking at each boy with his sharp bright eyes.

"Is he happy playing with you?" The question caught the team off guard. They gaped at the two adults but Kageyama instantly answered looking the man right in the eye. "That idiot has the most fun out of all of us. He makes us smile too. He's the only one who I know will always spike my sets so we need him back."

The rest recovering from their shock soon joined in,

"He's my precious underclassman! He loves to learn from me!" Shouted Nishnoya

"Hinata loves to listen to his Senpai's stories and advice," added Tanaka.

"Hinata does this amazing quick that he loves to do and jumping in general!" Yamagachi stutters.

"He's really earnest and a great teammate." Asahi includes softly.

"He's not so bad, he makes the game a little less boring." Tsukishima shrugs.