THREE

Baby Daddy?

FLASHBACK

Phee was making her way down and out of the neighbourhood. She really didn't know where she was going, I mean she could try and find Ander but for some reason she just let herself wander, a walk seems nice huh. Smiling at her thoughts she had gotten herself to the other side of town where she could see the kids riding bikes with their friends. She stopped across the street from this cute little restaurant. A of course she knew this was the restaurant that Samuel worked at and it was partially due to the fact that her brother had worked here the year before he graduated, he made the decision that it would be a good idea for him to try out a job before he graduated.  So most of her time after school was spent sitting at the bar of this restaurant. She smiled and waved at the workers and even the boss as she made her way through the kitchen, she noticed a new worker. He seemed to be struggling with the flame, it was amusing she couldn't lie, she tried to stop herself from giggling. but apparently it didn't go unnoticed, a small giggle caught his attention.

"you know, it's much easier to cook things on the lower heat." She spoke the smile still present on her face.

"you seem to know a lot." The man replied

"just about as much as there can be when it come to cooking." she finally got a good look at him and she had to admit he was handsome, he raises his brow at her response. " that and also the fact that almost everyone here knows the trick to that stove is to cook on low heat because the knobs were put on backwards". She winked at him before continuing out the back, she didn't even wait for his reply.

 Nano took a good look at the stove and saw that she indeed was telling the truth, he didn't hav the time to be annoyed and from what he could hear behind him the other kitchen staff were laughing at the girls statement.

Nano took the tea towel which was draped across his shoulder quickly he turned " so no one was gonna tell me." He huffed slightly annoyed this time. While the others went about their business.

Getting closer to the back Phoenix could see that Samuel was sitting eating a sandwich, looking a little too deep in thought  and something tells her he's not thinking about the chicken.

"Grilled Chickens good but i'm not sure what is did to have you looking so deeply into it." She teased stoping in front of him.

He looked up quickly, a smile finding its way to his face. " I guess my love for chicken is something you'll never understand." He moved over making room for her to sit next to him

Phoenix laughed taking her seat, it was something about being around Samuel that made her feel different... it was a nice different.

"You've been busy all week so I never got to thank you for helping me." He smiled, brushing the crumbs off his lap.

She giggled her back leaning against the table top, tilting her head towards the sky trying to bask in the last of the sun she spoke. "You don't have to thank me-

"No you I don't know if I would have been prepared to face Martin if I showed up with a half-finished assignment... again." He cut her off this time facing her.

"Okay how about you make it up to me by coming somewhere?". This time she turned her head facing Samuel. She was so close she could feel his breath tickling the tip of her nose.

They both sat staring at one another for a bit, you could see the smile come up on their lips.

"Should I be scared..." he hesitated but a slight mischievous look can be found in his eyes.