93

A couple days later
Monday
8.00am
July 16
Last big football game before summer

Bethanys POV

I wasn't cheerleading for the game today, mainly because the school has to use the younger team because of gabbie being pregnant, anyway because if this we decided she'd sleep at mine then we'd paint Corbyn and jacks numbers on our faces and wear the cheer uniform because we had their numbers on them.

I painted "CB" on one side of my face and his number - which is 82 - on the other side. gabbie had "JA" on one side and number 79 on the other. we were really excited, the game was at the other school so everyone made a path for the team and the cheerleaders to walk down we started to get nervous because none of them had walked thru the door but then eben came thru the doors

"eyyy I like the look girls, they are going to love it!" he said, I looked down and smiled, gabbie thanked him, we watched the rest and after like two players jack came thru and he loved gabbies look, but there was still no sign of Corbyn.

"hey" someone said from behind me, it was amy, she just got transferred here like yesterday
"hey" I repied and watched the door
"umm" she looked really nervous
"what?" she turned and grabbed my hand dragging me from the croud
"uch bethy I dont know how im gonna tell you this..."
"well quick say it, im gonna miss Corbyn"
"yeah - well I just saw Corbyn and Christina together.... they seemed really close"
"what do you mean close?" I asked, she pulled her phone out and showed me a picture of them, they had their arms wrapped around eachother and were looking into eachothers eyes. I took my eyes off it and went to hand it back but I I froze and took it back as I saw him running from behind amy, the completely wrong direction, I was in shock but I decided to walk up to him

"hi" he said out of breath
"were you wth Christina today?"i asked and showed him the photo, he looked at the photo and sighed
"uh yeah"
"wow..."
"no listen, she was upset, theres just some things happening with her family, and she just wanted to talk to someone she trusts. that's it"
"that's it?"
"yo besson! lets go!" eben shouted
"Corbyn that is everything. she is trying to prove to you that no matter what is going on in your life, when she calls you come running, and you pick her, you pick her every time"
"that's bullshit ok, I pick you - when ever theres an actual choice I pick you"
"an actual choice? what does that mean?"
"Bethany. listen I dont tell you about when ive met up with her because I know about your past with her, you have so much bad blood between you two, I didnt wa - look I was just trying to -"
"protect her - like you always do - "
"what when do I do that?"
"when I say something negative about her you back her up and protect her"
"Corbyn!" eben shouted
"Bethany"
"seriously Corbyn lets go! sorry beth" eben said again
"please can we talk about this later?" he said and started to head off.
"the ski trip, how did she know?"
"what? know what?"
"about the hothub - she knew exactly where you where! how did she know?"
the bus started, he didnt say anything
"oh my god, you were waiting there for her werent you?! after all this time.. oh my god"
"no. no I was just relaxing - her room was above it, she could see"
"so if I didnt come and get you to go to bed - you and her would of hooked up, and we would of broken up?"
"he didnt say anything again
"you know what, maybe that's how it should of been"
"what? no dont say that, you dont mean that"
"Corbyn you should go"
"Bethany dont do this"
"GO!"
"no! please dont brake my heart...."
"yeah well..."
he breathed out heavily "alright" and walked to the bus, I watched him walk away, then the bus door close then both busses drive away. I felt like I wanted to cry but I couldn't, so I ran to my car and drove home. when I got there I wiped all the make up off and put on Jonah's hoodie and a pair of shorts, then went to lay in bed. the minute my head hit the pillow I cried, but soon stopped and stared at a picture on my nightstand, it was a picture of my mom, my dad, Jonah and me.

"I miss you pops, I wish I could speak to you now, you could tell me what to do" I was speaking to the picture. then I carried on staring at the picture until I fell asleep.....

(a/n- heheh a bit of to all the boys i loved before in here)