Chapter 18

"Blessed by Hecate?" Draco cocked his head, carding his fingers through Harry's hair soothingly. "Why would she do that?"

"Well I assume it's the beginning of her honouring our deal. We kill Voldy, you three get blessed so you can cross the time stream at will." Nico shrugged. "Try cast a spell. See if it's more powerful or something."

Will pressed the back of his hand against Harry's forehead gently. His hand glowed for a second. "Maybe don't do that for an hour or so. Your mana is low as hell kiddo."

Harry wrinkled his nose. "So why did your dad show up, Nico?"

Nico sighed dramatically and slumped against Will. "Well, he came because I asked him too, but I'm not entirely sure why he brought mom. Or why they started talking about mama."

"Baby I think that was 'Seph's way of tellin' you that they're tryna get your mama back." Will murmured gently, kissing Nico's hair. "When we went for dinner last month your dad mentioned sortin'  our some paperwork and he didn't wanna say anythin' t'ya until he was sure."

Draco hummed thoughtfully. "Zeus killed your mama right?" He waited until Nico nodded, then continued. "Well gods can't interfere with mortals on that level, not unless the mortal challenges the god to some sort of fight. So Zeus killing Maria is against the Ancient Laws. So if Hades hashed it out with the fates and some other important people, he could reasonably argue that since Maria's death was unlawful, he's within his rights to bring her back. You can't just kill the mortal consort of the King and Queen of the Underworld, mother of the Prince of the Underworld, and expect shit not to go sideways. Except Zeus is the King of the Gods so Hades can't just go and fight him, but he may be within his rights to bring Maria back."

Everyone stared at him for a beat. "What?" He squirmed slightly and tucked himself closer to Harry. "Jay's in law school. He makes me run through all sorts of arguments with him. Plus him and Hades are kinda tight because of the whole Nico Di Angelo protection squad, so Hades has plans to give him some work."

Will was frantically shaking his head, as Nico raised an eyebrow dangerously. "The Nico Di Angelo Protection Squad?" He repeated slowly.

Draco shrugged. "It doesn't really exist anymore, but back when you were a depressed ball of emo angst and rage, it was totally a thing."

"Depressed ball of emo angst and rage?"

"Okay so it was more like you were a teenager going through unimaginable trauma, but yeah pretty much."

"Who's in it?"

"Uh, Will, the Seven, Reyna, Thalia,-"

"Wait wait wait." Nico held his hands up. "Thalia Grace is in this?"

Hermione coughed awkwardly. "Who's Thalia Grace?"

Nico shrugged. "My best friend's sister, and my honorary sister's girlfriend."

Draco lit up. "Wait, Thalia and Reyna got together? Finally!"

Will nodded dramatically. "It was a whole thing. Jason and Nico threw a celebratory party to commemorate the end of all the pining."

"Actually me and Jay just wanted an excuse to get Percy drunk and it gave us an opportunity."

Will frowned. "Why did you want to get Percy drunk?"

Nico grinned evilly. "Percy's powers are more tied into his emotions than the rest of us, so he's at his most powerful when he's super happy or something. So we got him drunk, gave him lots of blue food, and then he lifted half of Long Island Sound so we could put some skeletons dressed like campers down there for when we took new campers canoeing."