Chapter 14

Throws

"I'm sorry, what?" Harry asked immediately, Ron and Hermione reacting similarly.

Nico waved his hand. "Look. This lady is going to find a piece of paper with Dumbledore's Army written on it and a list of names that she can't see, right?"

Hermione nodded cautiously.

"Do you think she's just going to sit on that information?" He challenged. "If she doesn't go straight back to the Ministry and get her boss to fire Dumbledore for raising a militia, hand to my father, I'll give you a hundred thousand galleons." The shadows darkened considerably for a moment before relaxing.

"Wait," Ron interceded. "Do you actually have a hundred thousand galleons to just hand out? You're not even a real wizard?"

Hermione let out a long suffering sigh. "Does God of Riches mean absolutely nothing to you, Ronald?"

Nico shrugged. "My little sister can control precious metals. If I have to get you it in a lump of gold worth a hundred thousand galleons, I could."

"Blimey.."

"Back to what I was saying." Nico started tracing the tattoo crooked in Will's elbow. "If I was her, I'd use this as a golden opportunity to get rid of Dumbledore. I'm not saying she's got anywhere close to my level of tactical genius." He smirked up at Will, who rolled his eyes. "But it's the logical step, right? So where does that leave us? In an castle we can't leave with a bitch who doesn't believe in Voldemort and can't seem to do magic to undo a simple hex as our main line of defence supposedly, with someone who is obsessed with Harry and wants to kill him back from the dead and ready to fuck shit up. So I say, we bring in the Order. I can shadowtravel them here every week for the DA session, which we can host in here again."

Harry blinked slowly. "You're talking like this is a battle, like we're soldiers."

"Harry," Will started gently. "This is a battle. And if we win it we can avoid a war. If we train the Order in the same way we're training the kids, and if we allow them to train us in return, we'll be way more prepared. You don't have to think of yourselves as soldiers, but Voldermort is coming for you, and once Dumbledore is gone you can either fight or give up. If you fight, if the people who love you fight, that makes you a warrior or a soldier or whatever you want to call it but you won't win if you're not ready."

"I'll owl Sirius tonight." Harry muttered.

"Bad idea. I'll shadowtravel you to Grimmauld Place. I can do it now if you want." Nico took Harry's hand carefully. "We will do our best to make sure you don't lose anyone."

Harry smiled tiredly. "Thank you. Now, please."

Nico nodded and crawled out of Will's lap precariously, before dragging Harry through the shadows to Grimmauld Place.

——

"Harry? Nico? What are you doing here?" Sirius had jumped up and grabbed a knife and his wand as soon as they'd appeared, settled into a defensive stance. "Shouldn't you guys be at school?" He relaxed and sat back down.

Nico nudged Harry forward, raising an eyebrow firmly at him. Harry scuffed his foot against the floor. "Uh. So we may have. Erm. Messed up a little bit? And Dumbledore may be about to get lightly fired? And that may possibly be our fault?" After a moment of shocked silence, he continued bravely. "..Anyways the fun part is, do you want to come to school once a week to get trained in physical combat as well as to train about one hundred and fifty kids in magical combat?"

Sirius and Remus looked at each other, then back at the boys, then back at each other, before Remus buried his head in his hands. "Sweet fuck there's more of you." He muttered, almost deliriously.