three

december 19, 2019

after awhile, hannah was able to walk well enough without the support of crutches, which meant that she wasn't confined to her room all day.

the blonde had receiveda call a few days prior, which was now the topic of conversation in the kitchen.

"i don't understand," lauren said as they were all sat at the table. "their website says that they grant wishes for children, and you're 20."

"i mean she does act like a 5 year old 90% of the time, so its not completely crazy," avery snickered making hannah roll her eyes.

"come on guys, this is a great opportunity for her. let it be," peyton came to the blonde's defense.

the four of them had been through so many seasons of life together. from muddle school, to high school, not college. they'd all seen boyfriends come and go, been to different sporting events, gone through each others traumas. and now, it felt as is if they'd all fought cancer, so they all deserved to be rewarded as much as hannah did.

"i already made my wish, so we'll see where they take it," she said with a small smile stuffed a forkful of ramen into her mouth.

a short silence fell between them, but not lasting too long.

"alexa, play 'with you this christmas' by why don't we," lauren called out, a smirk playing at her lips.

as the song played, the four jumped and screamed around the apartment. the young boyband had always been an inspiration to them. they had followed the boys' journey since their 'something different' ep was released. and their interest and liking towards them bonded them even more.

lauren's liking went to jack avery, the curly-haired, self claimed skater boy of the band. she had gotten her nose pierced because of the boy, as well as taken the inspiration for her tattoos from him.

avery had chosen the musical prodigy, daniel seavey, adored everything about the boy, particularly his insane musical ability. daniel's talent had intrigued her from the moment she first heard his voice.

peyton, being the youngest of girls, had gravitated to the youngest member of the boy band, zach herron. the boy's immaturity and goofy personality made him seem like a best friend she didn't even know.

then, there was hannah. although she never intended it, the girl fully admired corbyn besson. to say he was cute was an understatement, all of the girls agreeing he was the most attractive member of the band. his looks weren't the only thing that peaked her interest. his voice was something different, she'd never heard anything like it. the way he could sing so smoothly and bring the most beautiful falsetto completely set him apart from any other artist.

the five boys had stolen the hearts of millions of girls around the world, the girls being four of them. their debut album '8 letters' had gotten them #9 spot on the billboard top 200 and #1 on itunes.

and as the girls continued to dance around the apartment to the boys' other songs, the sadness and frustration they'd felt for months before had dissipated. things felt normal for the first time in so long, and with christmas being a week away, none of them knew what was in store.

a/n
honestly idk if i'm gonna do author's notes after every chapter bc im just that lazy lmao
but imma try and update as much as i can

i lowkey hate this chapter but i'll keep it anyways lmao

edited: december 14, 2023