xviii. Endless Teasing

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter eighteen | endless teasing

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

KAYA SHIVERED as everyone waited for news on the champions.

"It's colder than a witches tit out here,"

"You are a witch,"

"And?"

Someone placed his large hands on Kaya's shoulders and started rapidly shaking her, as some kind of greeting. She pulled a face and turned around to see Fred sitting down next to her. George and Lee has also appeared, and sat between Maisie and Milo.

"Hello to you, too," said Kaya.

"You love it really," he replied with a grin. "Who do you reckon'll win this one?"

His eyes switched from the brunette girl to the black lake, staring eagerly.

"Cedric," said Kaya.

"You're so biased," said Jaeden.

"He's one of our best friends, I think we're allowed to be,"

"And we know Cedric well - we know he'll win." Maisie backed Kaya up.

"How'd you know that?" Lee asked.

"Because it's Cedric," said Kaya. "He's good at everything,"

"Exactly," Maisie nodded. The boys silently agreed.

It was around an hour before two heads emerged. The two girls had put their faith right in Cedric - for he was indeed the first champion to appear on the surface - pulling Cho Chang along with him.

"What in- they put people in there?!"

"Oh, brilliant, apparently kidnapping is a thing at this school, now," said Kaya sarcastically.

"Is that allowed?!" asked Maisie.

"I mean - we are in Hogwarts," said Milo. "They kept a killer Basilisk under the school once, what do you expect?"

Kaya let out a nervous laugh, before cheering for her friend. Cedric climbed out with a large grin on his face, before being wrapped in a towel.

"Guess who was right?" Maisie said, gesturing to herself and Kaya.

"Let's face it, we were all thinking the same thing," said George.

The girls both rushed over to congratulate Cedric on first place, giving him tight hugs.

"Well done!" said Maisie with a grin.

"We knew you'd win," said Kaya. "Right from the beginning, we said,"