Chapter 17: Accepting My True Self

By then, you headed back to your apartment with Sonny and Kumori while you're in charge of "babysitting" of Fink while Professor Venomous has gone for a business trip.

You're not a coward, you secretly began to understand the pieces of the puzzle. You were wondering why you suddenly confronted your father in his younger years. You had a feeling something isn't right.

It was like someone hiding in the shadows and came to your aid out of nowhere. Not to mention, Okami the wolf familiar was once belonged to your father and now in possession of someone else. It was as if you're seeing an illusion. Something tells you that Sonny and Kumori is trying protect someone who's under a disguise as your "father".

You decided to attend POINT Prep just like your parents. Before you leave for POINT Prep, your father spoke with you. More importantly, he's on an important long-term mission. His mission is dealing with glorb dealers all around the world. Also, he needed to bring his first pupil with him. It might be because he had no choice but to leave you and your mother, Yori Shironeko, because you both are very important to him as a family.

"(Y/n)... I..." Sonny tried to tell you, but you interrupted, "You knew, did you? You and Kumori are actually protecting him, but not my own father."

Sonny and Kumori went surprised when you mentioned about someone else who took the appearance of your father.

"But you don't have to explain right now, since I'm hired to babysit Professor Venomous' special minion," you explained. "Until he comes back from his business trip..."

You then watched Fink playing her video game portable console while wearing her sound proof headphones.

"We need to give Fink a nice hospitality." you sighed as you understood Fink's special relationship with her boss, Professor Venomous.

You then recalled your first interaction with Fink when you ended up getting yourself captured after you accidentally triggered a booby trap filled with a purple colored knock out gas. During your imprisonment, Fink became irritated that you refused to eat, you being suspicious of the food they gave you. You thought the food was poisoned during your hunger strike for six days, until Professor Venomous decided to give you a warm milk and cookies, not really poisoned at all.

The green-haired rat noticed your staring at her. You sighed and you turned to Sonny and Kumori.

"You two keep an eye on her," you spoke to them.

Sonny frowned at Kumori and said, "Kumori, you shouldn't have told Lord Boxman about (Y/n)'s relationship with Master Yue."

You then decided to take a long shower in your bathroom. Fink wondered why you're being like that. She decided to take a break from playing her videos game and stared at Sonny and Kumori.

"Oh, hey. Taking a break from your videos game already?" Sonny asked.

Fink gave Sonny and his best cloud buddy a silent look on her face. She then wandered around in your apartment.

"Looks like we're both tour guides right now." Kumori declared upon noticing Fink wondering about this apartment you're living.

"Except for the bathroom since it's already ocupado," whispered Sonny.

She stared at the closed and locked bathroom door. Come to think of it. Fink realized that you didn't call her "Finky". Of course, she knew that you're a heroine and you're known as Sleath Mode.

"Hey, Finky!"

Fink went startled and turned around to see Sonny who was scratching his head while giving her a sheepish smile.

"Well, I think we need to leave her alone for now," suggested the monkey boy.

Fink looked back at the door and just reluctantly joined Sonny and Kumori.

At the bathroom, you began to recall your first awakening as a neko yokai while you took a shower. You closed your eyes and decided to confront your other self who has white (h/l) hair with cat ears just like your mother.

Somewhere in the thousand trees of cherry blossoms, you confronted the cat-earred girl.

"You came..." she replied, not even looking at you while observing the petals falling down.

"Here I am, I want to see you. And..." you hesitated and stared at your other self. "I'm sorry."

The neko girl turned toward you and stared at you. She was discouraged when you gave her an apology.

"No... I should be the one giving you the apology. For everything ever since birth. You're the daughter of Master Yue Bai Long and Yori Shironeko, head of the Shironeko family."

"I know," you understood. "Because I want to accept you. I won't run away from you and I'm not afraid of you."

And then, you held your hand to her, wanting her to hold your hand. You watched her shedding tears from her (e/c) eyes, her lips trembled. You then walked towards her and gave her an embrace.

"Don't cry. I accept you as my true self."

Touched by your words of acceptance, you heard your other self crying out loud and she accepted your embrace, wrapping her arms around you. This is the first time you saw your other self showing an emotion including the tears she couldn't stop them from coming out from her (e/c) orbs.

And so, you stared at the cherry blossoms and smiled as you recalled your childhood memories.

That was when you saw a man who wore a black modern heroic attire, except he wasn't wearing his helmet. He looked so familiar.

That was when he told you those words from your childhood memory, "You really are daddy's special girl."

You widened your eyes as you suddenly realized something. His voice. That was Laserblast, your father's former rival of POINT who was claimed to be MIA, missing in action. He tried to confront the "unknown villain" who created three orbs that can give anyone superpowers, but the red one stripped Dr. Greyman's power.

And then, everything around you began to fade away including Laserblast before your eyes.

Suddenly, you gasped when you opened your eyes after you accepted your other self as you. You quickly turned off the shower and quickly dried yourself including your (h/c) hair. You wrapped your bare form with your (color) towel and stared at yourself from the mirror.

Now you accepted your true self, you decided to control your neko yokai powers.

You closed your eyes and tapped your neko transformation. You opened your eyes now feline and your hair became white as snow with cat ears. And now, you gave yourself a determined look.

Right now, you needed to find out about Shadowy Figure and how did he know all about you and your villainous secret crush. You decided to do something like taking an important visit to Shadowy Figure's former associate in glorb dealing business.

You finished changing into your casual wear, wearing a (f/c) tank crop top and (f/c) cargo pants with sneakers. You came out from your bathroom and found Sonny and Kumori having a nice dinner, a cupt of instant ramen. You sighed and gave a smile.

"Really, Sonny? A cup of ramen for dinner?" You placed your hands on your hips and gave a wry smirk.

"Uh, well. Me, Kumori, and Ed went on some food shopping while you're too busy having some sightseeing on Boxmore recently." Sonny explained.

You sighed and decided to make something for once. Before you decided to make something for dinner, you heard the knock on the door.

Sonny, Kumori, and Fink heard it as well. You gave a glance at Sonny and Kumori, as if you're trying to tell them to stay put as you decided to confront someone who knocked on the door. You checked who by using a peephole of the door.

To your sudden surprise yet confusion, it was Big Boss and Vice Boss, who still had an arm sling.

"(Y/n)?" Kumori called you, but you became silent and stared at the door. Of course, you don't want to keep those two waiting.

"Kumori... Sonny... Whatever you do, keep your words to yourself. We got guests."

Sonny and Kumori stared at each other before nodding to you, deciding to keep quiet. Fink wondered what was going on.

You opened the door and greeted Vice Boss and Big Boss with a smile, but that smile of yours doesn't seem very well-mannered.

"Big Boss, I don't remember giving you my apartment address."

"May we come in?" asked Big Boss.

And then, you smiled at the two ex-glorb dealers and answered, "You're just in time for a nice simple dinner."

"Oooh, what's for dinner, Ms. (L/n)?" asked Vice Boss.

"A cup of ramen."

"Wait, what?" surprised the younger brother of Big Boss.

"Come now, we don't want our ramen get cold."

You had a feeling that Big Boss and Vice Boss aren't here for a fight. But you had a feeling that Big Boss, the mafia villain, has something to tell you about. Let's just say, he's a big guilt trip.