Chapter 6: Arabian Shadows pt. 6

It was almost nighttime on a Saturday. You wore a (f/c) sari attire: a (f/c) bikini top and a long skirt with a (f/c) transient shawl-like veil worn over your left shoulder. You got some accessories that resembled a snake; two armlets on your arms, one bracelet on your right wrist, and a snake head accessory. You stared at the mirror of the vanity with a sigh. Shadowy Figure will be expected of you succeeding the mission. You had a feeling that he's actually testing you, whether or not he wanted you to complete your mission.

You need to calm down and try not to be nervous. You decided to sing to yourself as you can feel relaxed.

"You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream like thoughts, become a river stream... Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time to the path, yours to climb." you sang.

You were too busy singing, unaware of the sounds from footsteps that approached and paused in front of the door listening.

"An endless dream in a realm thou strike... A fallen hope rises as the changing tide, but every dream has faded into emptiness as whispers in the air. Join in the song one last time as holy sacrifice. With that price, let there be an eternal dawn. Lost in those waves glimmering, sky seeks no throne... I think of you... all alone," You sang the same lyrics from the beginning, "You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream like thoughts become a river stream. Yet may the tide ever change flowing like time to the path yours to climb. You are an ocean of waves."

Just when you finished this song, you heard a dark unforgetable voice, "Such a beautiful voice you have, my dear."

You turned around to see your worst enemy before you, smiling at you. You frowned as he just entered while you were too busy singing.

"Why a displeased look? Tonight's the special night, a night to remember." he walked towards you, attempting to prevent you from escaping. You found yourself trapped between the front of the vanity and that black full-attired individual. Shadowy Figure just gave you a dark smirk, admiring your beauty and your attire for the important banquet tonight.

"So it's true what they say. Fine feathers really do make fine birds." he commented.

You knew that you didn't want to be intimidated by this dark shadowy villain as you pushed him away from you.

"Learn to treat a girl some personal space." you warned him with disdain.

He only chuckled at your words telling him to not to get any closer to you. "How very feisty of you," he replied. "I like that."

You felt discomfort on your shoulders when you heard him telling you being feisty. You looked around at the mirror to stare at your reflection. Then you moved your hand to get your favorite accessory: your purple gem choker. But just when you were about to pick it up, a gloved hand took it away from you.

You gazed at the shady hooded man, once again making a frown on your delicate lips.

"Please, allow me." he said, giving you a well-mannered smile.

You looked away from him and stared at the mirror; in that reflection, Shadowy Figure was standing behind you.

Then you suddenly reminisced a memory while staring at Shadowy placing your necklace around your neck.

The night where you went to the villains' Ball with Professor Venomous...

You were wearing a strapless purple evening floor-length gown with matching gloves and heels, bought from Venomous himself. You began to walk up the stairs to Billiam Milliam's golden mansion, but you felt a lilac slender hand grabbed your gloved wrist. You turned around to see Venomous holding your wrist, staring at you for no reaosn. Well, no evil reason to be exact. He wanted to turn your back at him. Though you were unsure if you should do what he said, so you did. And that's how he gave you a purple choker with a purple raindrop gem.

By the time you remembered you first received a gift from Professor Venomous, you began to notice something familiar once Shadowy attached your purple raindrop gem choker around your neck.

"Why... Why does this feeling... so familiar?" you thought as you stared at yourself with your favorite necklace around your neck from your reflection.

Then you heard him saying, "You know I wish I should be the one who gave you that beautiful gem you're wearing. In fact... I am more jealous of Venomous who gave you that gift in the first place."

You were startled at his words mentioning about Venomous. You quickly turned around to stare at Shadowy Figure with suspicion. You couldn't believe it. Shadowy Figure knew about Professor Venomous. But how? When? And why?

You thought to yourself, "He knows Venny Darling?!"

Then you began to notice how alike Shadowy Figure somehow was to Professor Venomous for some reason despite they have different purple skin colors and different personalities. His voice is even exactly the same as you know who no matter how distorted it sounds like!

Then you tried to refuse something familiar about this person wearing black, "No, there's no way..."

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" teased Shadowy Figure, seeing you at loss for words.

You then gave an irritated look before shouting with fluster, "You shut the heck up!"

He then chuckled once more and placed his hand around your waist as if he wanted to escort you, "Come, my love. We don't want our lord to wait for us too long."

To your dismay, you reluctantly joined him as you left the tower and headed to where the banquet had taken place.

Meanwhile, at the entrance of Apoo's palace, Jazmine and Jeanne arrived. Jeanne seemed to be displeased that she had to come with her mom to the palace, against her will.

"Mom, why do I have to come with you?" asked the genie heroine, with dismay.

"I understand how you feel about coming here but there's no way I have to turn down Lord Apoo's offer. Sure I too don't want to do catering service for him," replied Jazmine. "While you and I will be doing some distractions, Ali, Aliyah and Laki along with the forty monkey thieves are working on rescuing the slave girls."

Then Jeanne sighed and stared at the palace. The genie girl had a feeling that you would also be attending the banquet, especially with you know who. She felt a hand on her shoulder to turn around to see her mother giving her a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. We will get (Y/n) out of this very place once the others rescue the slave girls."

"Yeah, I know." nodded Jeanne. The ponytailed genie gave herself a stretch and asked, "You said that you promised him that you bring some entertainment for this banquet?"

"Yeah, I think you can entertain that perverted bozo with a special song. Try not to scare the jeepers out of him, you might give him nightmares."

Jeanne smirked as she said, "Yeah, duly noted. I'm gonna make that Apoop have a night to forget and think it's nothing but a dream."

In the palace dining room, Jazmine offered Apoo some exotic foods she made just for the banquet. You were sitting on the soft pillow right next to Shadowy Figure. You noticed Jeanne staring at you with that shady hooded villain.

Then you watched your genie friend glaring at Shadwoy Figure as she pointed her two fingers at her sky blue eyes before moving them at him, as if she's warning him about making funny business with you. Just like she warned him the other day.

"Your genie friend seems... overprotective." he whispered in your ear.

"Well, she's just making sure that you didn't try something like having your way with me..." you glared at him with a negative tone.

"Please, this night is the special night for us to remember." he gave you a reassuring smile on his hooded face.

To your discomfort, you seethed with annoyance and replied, "I'd rather have this night to forget..."

He only chuckled at your response.

You only hoped that Ed and Aliya were working on freeing the slave girls. Then you watched Jazmine presenting Jeanne to Apoo.

You noticed Apoo's look on his face as if he was impressed that Jeanne is a genie like her mother. He even complimented Jeanne's beauty and appearance to her mother as well.

You prayed in thought, "Hang in there, Jeanne. Everything will be alright and we will finish this mission as soon as possible."

Later, somewhere in the dungeon grounds, Ali, Aliya, and Laki with the forty monkey thieves managed to sneak inside.

"Ed, we're in the dungeon and it's too quiet." Aliya informed Ed from her earpiece.

"Okay, let's make sure there's not many guards guarding the imprisoned slave girls." Ed stated. She used her laptop which she hacked the sercurity cameras of the dungeons and Apoo's palace.

"Did you see (Y/n) at the banquet, Jeanne?" asked the bespectacled hacker.

"Well, wanna see for yourself?" replied Jeanne on wireless communication.

Ed then stared at her laptop where she noticed you sitting with Shadowy Figure at the banquet table. She sighed as she began to realize what's going on between you and this cloaked villainous figure, "Something tells me that our best friend is not having a special night with her shadowy date."

"You think?" Jeanne obviously agreed.

Ed quietly said to herself, "Hang in there... We get you outta here asap. I promise."

Then you watched Jazmine as an emcee of this very important banquet.

"Thank you for hiring me to cater on this very special banquet," she said. "And not only that, I have provided some entertainment for you and your important business associate. I would like to introduce my elder daughter Jeanne."

Jeanne bowed before the audience with a smile. Apoo chortled and said, "So this is your daughter, Jazmine. She almost looks like you when you were younger."

Jeanne secretly frowned to herself as she couldn't believe that he's taken interest in her as a genie. She then muttered, "No wonder Apoo's favorite type of girls are actually genie girls."

She then kept her composure and gave the audience an alluring smile.

"Allow me to give you a song as tribute to this wonderful banquet you're holding, m'lord." she said as she then snapped her fingers to summon a band for them to play a song. She used her magic to dress herself as a harem girl.

Jeanne wore a harem girl attire with her favorite color lavender. She had a lace matching veil around her lower face.

With anticipation coming from Lord Apoo, she had finally started to sing, "Oh, imagine a land, it's a faraway place where the caravan camels roam." She transformed her legs into a lavender genie tail as she flew towards the lord of this very palace and rubbed his chin as if she's trying to seduce him. Then he had his own jaw dropping to the floor. Jeanne gave a seductive grin and continued to sang, "Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense. It's barbaric, but hey, it's home. When the wind's from the east and the sun's from the west, and the sand in the glass is right. Come on down, stop on by. Hop a carpet and fly to another Arabian night."

She chuckled with delight, wrapping Lord Apoo around her finger.

Lord Apoo suddenly found himself riding a magic carpet with Jeanne beside him. They flew over the Arabian City. He believed that Jeanne took him on this carpet ride, just the two of us.

Little did he know that he was under a trance as you and Shadowy Figure watched Apoo, who suddenly gave you two a lovey-dovey look yet perverted look on his face.

Then you secretly knew that Jeanne had used her trickery magic to put the shameless lovestruck Arabian crimelord under her spell. That was also when you glanced at Shadowy Figure noticing something as he stared at his business associate's strange reaction.

"What did your genie friend do to him?" asked Shadowy.

"Jeanne has used her illusion magic to put Apoo under a trance. Or rather, she made him fall sleep while singing," you explained. "Just like her mother, she's a genie of trickery. To Apoo, he thought he's actually having a date with Jeanne on a carpet ride. But in reality, Jeanne didn't actually bring him on a carpet ride right here which means Apoo himself didn't notice he's fallen under a genie trick spell."

"Interesting. Although..." he then turned his hidden gaze to you. He then gave you a seductive smirk on his lips. "I prefer your singing better than hers."

You frowned at him and coldly replied, "That flattery of yours will get you nowhere."

He only chuckled at your cold response. You thought to yourself as you looked away from him, "The nerve of that shadowy snake!"

While you're having a reluctant night with Shadowy, Jeanne, who guided Lord Apoo to Arabian City using her illusion genie spell, distracted him as she continued her song.

"As you wind through the streets at the fabled bazaars with the cardamom-cluttered stalls, you can smell every spice while you haggle the price of the silks and the satin shawls," Jeanne showed Apoo the vendors who sell silks and satin shawls, rubbing her fingers together. "Oh, the music that plays as you move through a maze in the haze of your pure delight. You are caught in a dance. You are lost in the trance... of another Arabian night!"

Jeanne then gave a michievious grin as she gave a thrill, "Arabian nights! Like Arabian Days! More often than not are hotter than hot in a lot of good ways. Arabian nights. Like Arabian dreams. This mystical land of magic and sand is more than it seems."

She disappeared by Apoo's side and reappeared in front of him as she summoned a gigantic sand cave in a shape of a vicious tiger by the time they arrived somewhere in the desert in the middle of the night with a beautiful moonlight shining upon the two.

"There's a road that may lead you to good or to greed through the power your wishing commands! Let the darkness unfold or find fortunes untold! Well, your destiny lies in your hands!"

Then Lord Apoo heard the voice coming from the sand cave.

"Only one may enter here. One whose worth lies far within. A diamond in the rough." it rumbled.

Jeanne then noticed Apoo's cowardly look on his face as she touched his chubby cheek and asked, "What's the matter, my lord? Don't tell me you're scared of entering this scary dark cave filled with your heart's desires."

Lord Apoo shook his head and declared out loud, "I AM NOT SCARED! I, Lord Apoo, will have what my heart's desires!"

Lord Apoo got off the magic carpet and marched towards the entrance of the cave filled with heart's desires such as treasures and pleasure.

"Arabian nights. Like Arabian days They seem to excite, take off and take flight to shock and amaze!!!" Jeanne then watched him about to enter the cave with a secret yet grim smirk on her lips. Apoo had his obese figure shaken with fear but still tried to be brave as he was now inside.

Apoo sighed in relief as he noticed nothing happened. But...

The sand cave then ensnared the crimelord, much to his shock as he tried to make escape but it was too late. Then he shouted at Jeanne for help, but the genie girl herself jsut watched him meeting his demise.

"Arabian nights, 'neath Arabian moons. A fool off his guard could fall and fall hard out there on the dunes."

With the song had come to the end, Jeanne turned away as the sandstorm took her away from the place where Apoo met his foolish demise.

But unbeknownst to him, he was actually having a nightmare as you all heard him whimpering during the banquet.

"No! No! I don't wanna get buried alive!" cried Lord Apoo.

"Oops. I think I gave him a very powerful nightmare during this muscial number." Jeanne giggled.

"Well, at least he won't try to order his guards to capture any pretty young woman on this very city as his slaves by force or whatever." you stated, who stood up from your seat and checked on Apoo's current status.

Then Jeanne noticed Shadowy Figure nowhere to be seen

"So where's you know who?" she whispered.

"Shadowy informed me that he will take back the glorbs in Lord Apoo's personal chambers once you put him into a terrible nightmare you just gave him," you explained.

Then Jeanne heard Ed through wireless communication.

"Jeanne, I got good news from Aliya. They rescued the slave girls and brought them back to their homes and families," informed the genius hacker. "Is (Y/n) with you?"

"Yeah, she's with me, safe and sound." answered the genie girl.

"What a relief. We'll meet you and (Y/n) back at your mom's restaurant."

And so, you joined Jeanne and Jazmine on escaping Apoo's palace. Once you returned, Ed hugged you in relief and Aliya was happy to see you safe and sound. Although you were relieved on getting out of that place after being imprisoned for a week, but that doesn't mean it's the last thing you reluctantly spoke with Shadowy Figure.

Before Shadowy left to steal back the glorbs from Apoo, he then whispered to you, "I hope we will meet again someday, my darling."

You clenched your hand into a fist as you couldn't help but think of him. Deep in your heart, you needed to know who is really Shadowy Figure and how did he know about you and Venomous.

Later, back at Apoo's palace, Shadowy Figure was at the Arabian crimelord's chambers, trying to search for the globs every nook and cranny. When he found out that the glorbs were already taken by someone else before him, the hooded figure then heard a voice, "Hey, Mr. Shadowy Glorb Dealer."

Then he turned around to see a human boy with blonde spiky hair with a monkey tail riding on a yellow cloud. He wore a yellow Chinese sleeveless top and matching pants with slip on shoes. Around his head was a golden circlet.

"Looking fo these?" he said, showing a big sack of glorbs on his magic yellow cloud.

"Give them back." hissed Shadowy.

"Sorry, no can do. You know what they say: Finder keepers, loser weepers!" the monkey boy gave the dark-hooded figure a raspberry and he quickly made his escape before Shadowy tried to get the glorbs from him.

"You thieving monkey!" Shadowy Figure failed to catch his monkey enemy to take the glorbs back.

He silently growled as he watched the monkey boy made his getaway with the glorbs. He had a feeling that this monkey boy may be an ally to your father, Yue Bai Long. He gave a tsk as he decided to leave Arabian City without the glorbs. But despite he failed to get the glorbs before that monkey boy, he gave a secret chuckle, remembering his "date" with you.