Two

It's dangerous.

The both of us when we're like this.

Intensely, absolutely dangerous.

Von doesn't talk to me or touch me the whole way there–but he leads me towards his bedroom immediately. I reach out and other than the brief blue gaze he sends me, he completely ignores me once we reach the dimly lit hallway.

He has a cut right above his left eye.

This isn't about him though , this is about me. "When I want it I have to wait but when you want it, you take it," I say.

Von turns around at this, shows me his partially bruised face. "That's because when I want it you give it to me."

He pulls me to him by my waist, the end of his words becoming harsh. This close, I can feel his body heat. I can feel his two glocks against my sides.

I can't help the gasp that leaves my mouth at being this close to him. He stares down at me daring me to defy him. There's black ink sketched all the way up his neck. There's purple under his eye and red on his cheek.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask because it hurts to see him hurt. I came here to deal with my own demons but, of course, Von is fighting his as well.

He grips the hand that grazes his face and I flinch at the anger I can feel seeping through his touch. I watch him as he completely retracts from me. His anger spreads to me at the realization of being ignored. I specifically asked this bozo for care and he's treating me like this.

"But you expect me to answer to you and open up to you, right?" I ask with annoyance staining my entire expression.

Von cuts his eyes at me for the quickest second, lips in a straight line. "Yeah."

I'm just starting to walk away from him when I compose myself. I've been dealing with these men's issues for months and the one time I need emotional support, Von welcomes me with closed arms. "I came here to get away from what I had going on at home and you're not helping at all right now."

Von scoffs. "I was working. Next time I'll stop in the middle of it though, tell the guys we can't finish this today because Mia had a fight with her daddy."

"I'm not saying that!" I'm staring at the saltwater seas in his irises as I scream at him.

They're about to crash. We're about to crash.

Von backs me up against his bedroom door. When he speaks, strong arms on either side of me, guns on either side of me, his voice is gruff and quiet. "I'm not gonna keep telling you the same thing over and over again. I'm just going to show you what happens when you disobey me."

This exchange gathers the attention of L and Kimori who are resting in the living room. Feeling all of the eyes bore into me I turn away from Von to escape. He catches my wrist in his strong hand and I hurt myself on his doorknob when I try to pull away from him.

"What?" I ask, annoyed and embarrassed by him now. "Stop, Von!"

He closes in on me slowly. There's heat in his presence and dark pigments in his skin.

He lets go of the strong grip he had on my wrist just to fist that same touch into my hair. He yanks the thick coils out of the way, pulling my head in the direction that gives him the easiest access.

"Don't fucking raise your voice at me, little girl," he speaks directly into me, voice low and breathing warm as they curl along the shell of my ear. Then his tongue follows and I melt right into it. How would it feel to fully submerge into him?