The house of horrors

*Kaitlyn's pov*

As i walked down the aisle, someone threw an ice cold bucket of water on me. I woke up from my dream and shivered as i looked up to my mom standing at the corner of my bed with an empty bucket in her hand. She looked furious and then screamed, "Kaitlyn! I'm trying to wake you up for half an hour now. You are late! Now get dressed immediately."

I glanced at my alarm clock on the side table which was now all wet due to the water mom had basically drowned me into. O bloody hell! I'm half an hour late. O God nooo!!! I jumped out of the bed as mom sighed and walked away leaving me all soaked up in my night shorts.

I decided to skip shower today because mom had already thrown a bucket of ice cold water on me and she bloody woke me up from my wedding dream. I walked into my closet and stood in the mirror just looking at myself. I wondered if the people of this new school will like me or not, if i will make any new friends or no. I sighed and realized that i had been just standing here staring at my reflection in the full body mirror. I immediately rushed towards my shirts rack and picked up a red sweater because i felt that it was cold out here in Chicago as compared to  New york. I paired it with a black jeans button down skirt and a pair of fishnets. I decided to complete my look with Black ankle high boots.

I did a light makeup and didnot put much effort on my hair. I just combed them down. I had my mom's hair, it was light brown and had shades of golden in it. My friends in New York admired my hair. Also, i picked up my favourite scrunchie and wore it on my wrist just in case.

After i was satisfied with my reflection in the mirror, i rushed downstairs to the kitchen

After i was satisfied with my reflection in the mirror, i rushed downstairs to the kitchen. I saw my mom who was lying on the couch whereas my dad was busy talking to someone on the phone. I gave them both a flying kiss and rushed out of the door without having any breakfast.

As soon as i sat in my BMW i8, i turned on the navigation towards the house of horror (my new school). As i parked my car in the parking lot i discovered that there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot and then i saw the digital clock on the dashboard. I was surprised to see that it was only 7:30, i actually thought that i'll be late on my first day and it was the reason that i skipped my breakfast and now my stomach was growling. I was half an hour early so i decided to grab a coffee from the nearest starbucks that i saw on my way to the school.

I reversed the car and headed towards starbucks because i could actually not tolerate my hunger till lunch break. As i got in the drive thru area, i ordered one regular latte. I knew that if i had to tolerate my first day infront of these new people i had to keep my stomach full, so i ordered a blueberry muffin along with it. I drove to the next counter where i gave the lady my credit card to pay. She greeted me with a smile and for a moment i felt that maybe people here were not as bad as i expected them to be. I picked up my order and drove back to the house of horrors again.

By the time i reached school, the parking lot was almost full, but i decided to pick out a novel from my bag and started reading it while eating my muffin after i had found a spot to park my car. I finished an entire chapter and was now ready to get out of the car, when a car pulled up beside mine. I noticed that it had a Wolf symbol on its number plate, whereas mine had a lion. I never really knew why all of our cars had a symbol of a lion on them, well i never bothered to ask my parents.

I wanted to get out of my car, but that stupid guy in the white ferrari that pulled up beside me parked his car so close to mine that i was unable to open my door. I wanted to see his face, but as soon as he got out of the car, he was surrounded by girls all around him. I sighed and realized that he was the *popular guy* of this house of horror. He pushed everyone out of his way and placed his bag pack on his shoulder and started to walk towards the main enterance. I pulled my window down and shouted, "Do you have any freakin idea how to park a car?! I am basically stuck here!"

He looked towards me and i could not see his face because i was blinded by the sun. He glanced at me for a minute and then smirked and simply walked away. WHAT THE HELL?! WHO'S HE SHOWING ALL THIS ATTITUDE TO? I was infuriated but i knew that it would be of no use because after all he was the popular guy of the school, so it was better to just stay out of trouble and be the quiet little nerd that i am.

I jumped to the passenger seat and made my way out of my car. I started walking towards the office and was secretly wishing that i wouldn't have to face any more trouble. I walked into the office, and introduced myself to the lady.
"Hey! I'm Kaitlyn Forbes, umm..i'm new-"
She cut me off in the middle "Oh hi! You are the new girl. I'm Diana, welcome to Alexander high. Wait.. i'll give you your schedule"
She searched through a stack of papers and pulled one of them out. "Here's your schedule honey and here is your locker number" she said pointing towards a number written with a pencil at the top of my schedule.

I thanked her and walked out of the office. Everything was fine when i bumped into someone.

Well, i guess, luck's never on my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey!!
I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my first ever book. It would mean alot if you guys would vote for my story, it would motivate me to keep on writing.
Love you all❤
Thanks for reading, bye!!