Chapter 3

I heard a distant sound, like a police radio almost, but it was shouting my name. I tried to ask what I did, tried to seem innocent but no matter what I did my name was being shouted over and over again. Then I felt a push, a shove and a tickle and my eyes shot open. Ugh. It was just Colton trying to wake me up from my beautiful slumber... I groaned at him, looking all smug. The beeping continued and I took the alarm and slammed it on the ground, feeling it deserved that. Colton scoffed and pulled my arm up, making me stand on my own two feet.

"I have to be on time today. So get moving." He ordered. I couldn't speak so I just wandered into the bathroom, getting ready for another boring day.

Once my hair was straightened out and my face looked less like death I tugged on my white converse and grabbed my backpack. I ran downstairs, almost tripping over my own two feet. Colton was waiting at the door with his arms crossed, foot tapping like an impatient idiot. I was amused and bit my lip to hide it, he clearly wanted me to be worried about his anger but it did not do the trick. I just shrugged at him and sat down slowly at the counter, peeling an orange and letting him stare at me. Liam was reading the newspaper and Zack was on the phone with some cable guy. I just slowly and precisely peeled at my orange, waiting for Colton to blow. I tried to hide my smile when I looked at Liam and said.

"Liam, did you read anything interesting in there?" The minute Liam looked up Colton groaned like a little girl. I swear he almost stomped his foot. I put my hands up in surrender as Liam looked at us confused.

"Ryann clearly I am waiting to leave. I have been standing by this door, waiting for your tiny ass to be an adult and stop playing, I have to go to school." He was trying to be all mature while he said this, clearly not understanding how dumb he looked. I laughed a little.

"Oh that was you waiting for me? I'm sorry Colton..." I burst out laughing. "I am not gonna to lie, you really looked odd with all that tapping and pouting. I thought maybe you were just goofing around or putting on a show?" Even Liam chuckled, trying to hold it in. Colton slammed out the door and I tried to follow him before Zack grabbed my arm.

"Give that teacher your letter. Promise me that you will give it to him and be nice today?" I swallowed, almost forgetting about that. I kissed him on the cheek and told him I did before running out after Colton and his issues.

To be completely honest, I truly did not want to give this man my letter. No matter how clever it is, it feels so unjust, so unfair and incredibly in his favor. Of course, I would most likely put it right under his door and hope no one is inside. I will give him the letter Zack, but you never said I had to place it in his hand and watch him read it. Maybe if I am lucky, Mr.Ugly will lose the paper or someone will misplace it and forget to hand it to him, because perhaps I slid it under the wrong door, or who knows what can happen with such a small piece of paper. I am one hell of an evil genius.

At my own risk, and discretion, I left my last class of the day, knowing full well I still had that letter in my pocket. It burned there, reminding me of that stupid man. I had chemistry today, but alas, I felt a little faint and ended up going to the nurses office for the exact time that his class lasts. I walked in at 12:45 and walked out at 1:35. Was that suspicious? Yes but sometimes that nurse is not all there, like today, when I literally walked in, Said "my stomach hurts" and laid down to sleep for 40 minutes. There were no questions, no notes, no calls. I even got a note out of it too that said where I was for his class, I knew he would ask too. That stupid monster of a man.

So that is what leads me to where I am right now. I avoided it all day, pretended it wasn't there, but now. It just had to be done with. I was supposed to be in the bathroom too so I had to make this quick to avoid another detention... Wouldn't that be a fun time? I weighed my options, walked past multiple different doors, until I knew what I needed to do. It was risky, but it was worth it. I listened in at Mr. Miller's door, it sounded empty, the lights were on, I knocked. No response. I tried the door knob and then walked in slowly but also terrified. I ran to his desk, almost tripping, I groaned and stuck the letter under all of his papers, under all his files, just hidden away where he would not find it. This way, I put it on his desk, but he was just too disorganized and misplaced it. Not my problem you filthy animal. I realized where I was and quickly ran out, closing the door quietly, it slammed so loud and I swear I had a heart attack. Please do not be watching me on a video camera right now. With that, my job was done, I ran back to my class and pretended like it never even happened.