Chapter 2

I slammed my door and slid down to the ground, sulking... My mind ranting.

I knew it was disrespectful, sure, I will give them that... But that creep was out to get me and no one will ever believe it. It made me even more angry that there was no way I could prove it, and at the end of the day, I had chemistry again tomorrow. I doubt I would be able to remain obedient with a monster like moody, Mr. Miller. I growled, putting my head in between my knees as tears sprung.

I sat still for ten minutes, letting the tears fall before eventually giving them a rough swipe with my hands. I tried to finish my homework, I gave it a good minute of my time to be honest. But how was I supposed to focus when they were all 'discussing' me downstairs. Clearly, they were not yelling, which strangely worried me more. Ten more minutes go by and I check my clock, it was 7:34, and without a phone, I had nothing to distract me with.

So after a quick tantrum of crumpling/shoving my unfinished homework into my backpack, and then chucking it at my closet full force, I ended up scribbling some detailed drawings of the people I felt wronged by. And you can bet your ass, Mr. Miller was the main character. I was softly smiling to myself, and chuckling like an evil witch once I finished another drawing of Miller as an ogre. Fudge he really was an ogre. I even finished it off with a drawing of Colton holding his gross ogre hand... And then I erased it, knowing Mr. Miller would likely love that.

Eventually the clock read 8:46. So with a sigh, I left my lights on, crawled into my bed, became a ball shaped ladybug and turned my back to the door... I began to cry some more over nothing until I heard a knock on my door. My tears stilled and I stiffened as I heard it open.

"Ryann..." Liam said sternly, sitting on the bed and placing a hand on my hip while I laid away from him. I pulled the covers more tightly around myself trying to avoid his touch. He laughed a little.

"Come on baby, can you look at me please?" He patted my leg and I rolled my eyes, loosening the blankets and turning slightly so he could see my face. He immediately saw the tears coated under my eyes and he slightly smiled, putting me beside him. I felt him kneel down in front of me, wiping my eyes and then making me look at him.

"Listen to me. I do not want to know why you did what you did, I don't even want to know about your teacher. We are angry that you took the actions that you did, without even thinking about how it might affect you and him. It was wrong Ryann, no matter what the circumstances... I know you are a smart girl, so I just want you to remember that next time you want to get back at someone or prove a point. That isn't the way to go about things and you know that... " I sighed, deciding that there was no point in arguing over the fact that he is the reason for it all. They wouldn't believe it anyways.

"Yeah, I know. I regretted it, I did. I knew I went too far the minute it happened." He smiled at that and rubbed my cheek, kissing my forehead before giving me a bear hug.

"We know..." I smiled at him. It wasn't over yet. He stood up and looked stern again.

"So, because of this incident, you are grounded for one week, no phone after practice, and you are writing an apology letter to that teacher." I groaned, slapping back onto the bed.

"You guys are going to kill me with that last one. Anything, anything but that Liam. Please." I pleaded with him.

"It should be hard to write, it's a punishment. So, show it to one of us before you give it to him personally tomorrow. I am not kidding with you young lady, this better be a good honest letter. None of your snarky jokes." I feigned offense.

"Me? Snarky? Pleaseeee." He laughed a little and we said goodnight.

The minute he shut my door, I was red with rage. I wanted to pound my wall in, kick the floor straight through while simultaneously destroying each stuffed pillow on my bed. But knowing my strength wasn't quite there yet, I settled for a nice scream into my pillows. I screamed and screamed until I truly was parched. My heart was beating. This letter meant I was admitting defeat to this man, showing him that I was sorry, that he was my teacher and no matter what, I should never fight back. But how can I? I know the truth behind his methods. He uses everything he can to get me into trouble, he pushes me to the brink, he smirks, he groans, even by just looking at me. I was in a bind, no one believed me, no one wanted to hear it again and that means, no one cared. Geez, did they know me at all? My pride was huge. My temper was even larger. But mix them together, and you get what I call a dose of "Ryann Rage." I had the typical symptoms forming, a bulged vein in my neck, sweating all over, my hands clenched. I could not write this letter.