Chapter I

*RRINGGGGGG

He was so thoughtful, and I was the luckiest girl on the planet. We were sitting in central park, having a picnic, and of course, I was being horribly awkward. That is until I finally leaned into kiss him, my Jace. Our lips were so close and I could feel my heart beating in anticipation. But then his mouth did the strangest thing - it opened wide - like the letter O , as if he was surprised or something. The kind of shape that people in movies warn will catch flies. And before I could warn Jace of anything, his throat produced the most painful sound. 

Wait, what the hell!

The siren like sounds coming out of his mouth only got louder, making my head pound as the world around me slowly crumbled. 

That, ladies and gents, was exactly why I believed alarm clocks were originally created as torture devices. The damn things were dream killers! It was the slap in the face realization that I would never actually get to kiss Jace Pearson; Zack's friend from college. The man had a six pack, and he was smart. And anyways, it's hard to have the same wonderful dream twice. So, damn you alarm clock, damn you to the moon and back. 

I somehow managed to move my hand around beside me, trying to destroy it so I could go the fuck back to sleep. I never used to go through this torture, but Liam insisted I get one.

The sound of something crashing to the ground and knocking random stuff off my side table was not enough to wake me. I tucked my hand back under my pillow and fell into a senseless, dreamless sleep. 

( ten minutes later )

I heard someone aggressively knocking on my door and I ignored it, mentally begging them to leave me be. Of course, this monster would not so easily give in; the door slammed open. 

"Ryann!" The voice shouted, roughly shaking my shoulders. 

"Mhm" I groaned, trying to move away from my tormentor. 

"Ryann, get up." The blankets were ripped from my tight grip. And almost immediately, I could smell Colton's disgusting cologne. 

I groaned again, shivering and trying to find warmth, my eyes still shut tightly.  

"Fine" He hissed, storming out. 

For an innocent moment, I held hope that this was just a dream, and that nothing else would disturb me. However, not even seconds later, enough time to cover up with my blanket again, the door swung open, making me flinch. 

Because it was suspiciously silent, I painfully opened one eye, squinting at the light that consumed my room. And that's when I saw one angry looking Liam staring right at me. His arms were crossed, his eyebrows raised, a look I knew all too well. I stretched tiredly, still addicted to the feeling of warmth in my bed. 

"You've got it wrong, it's still night time. Hurry up! Go back to bed while you still can." I horsley said, my lungs aching from the sudden inspiration. I fluttered my limp hand towards the door as if to 'shoo' him from my room. I smiled to myself, my eyes closing of their own accord. I heard him sigh, and then he coughed warningly. 

"No, Ryann, you have it wrong. Get your ass out of bed or I am going to drag you out myself." He commanded sternly. I didn't budge as sleep slowly overcame my senses again. But the minute I felt a big hand on my arm, I sat up and put my hands up in surrender. He hesitantly let go of my weak arm, eyebrow raised. Phew