Chapter 2

"By the Heavens, Father already has another suitor for me?" My tone was incredulous, I had already told him I would not marry any girl he sent my way. But a King is a King, and he must have his way in his own eyes.
"I apologise, my prince. But I thought you should know." Jarred was my most loyal servant, he has been with me almost my entire life. He had dark brown hair, light jade green eyes and darkly tanned muscles making him look more noble than his own rank. His clothes made it obvious he was a servant with the palace attire, plain white shirt with brown leather pants, shoes and vest with the King's royal sigil sown over the chest, but with all else he could be my brother.
I knew I could not keep refusing my father, but I did not want to marry a stuck up, spoiled rotten little princess with nothing better to do than gloat and flaunt things that weren't even theirs. I just didn't like that sort of girl.
If I were to marry it would be to the girl I love, one that loved to learn, but did more than just stroll. One that would ride with me on hunts and chase a shadow just for fun. Though I knew no girl like that could ever exist, I still wished.
I finished buckling my black leather vest as I walked over to the oaken mirror that hung from my stone wall. I was presentable at the least. Black leather riding pants and riding boots with a court suited vest and a snow white shirt with large arms and tight cuffs.
"Catch," called Jarred from the other side of the room. I caught my sword just before it hit the ground, its Ivory hilt glinted as I checked the polished sharpened blade before buckling the sheaf to my belt. "Nice one." He whistled coming to stand beside me, he held my crown in front of my face as I groaned.
"Do I really have to wear that?"
"Yes," he said before pausing as if to think... "Unless you want that black hair beauty to think you a rebelsome prince."
I was shocked, I had though I had hidden myself well. If I was to marry someone it would not be because my father asked it of me and certainly not to someone I had just meet. So I went to meet her.
Her beauty was soft and sorrowful, her body small and slight underneath the cream of the silk sheets, the plain white night gown had left her pale arms bare as they rested beside her head and her breath barely hearable in the echoing silence. She had been beautiful with raven hair and rose pink lips. Though I had never seen her eyes I knew I could not say no to this enchanting creature, I suppose father did to.
"How did you know?"
"I know you, Raphiel. I've known you my entire life and you would think that I would let you marry a completely hideous woman." I tensed at what he said, she was anything but hideous. "And with the way the other servants were talking I just had to see for myself. I was surprised that such a lovely face could be called such horrid names... but I found out why."
"I don't want the tales of a kitchen wench." I growled.
"I know." We stood in silence for such a long time I felt the air grow warmer with the rising sun. "I am truly sorry for my rudeness. I shall bring you your crown upon entry to the throne chamber. Good day my prince." And with that he left, no other words muttered.
I sighed to myself pushing my hands up through my hair before looking again at myself in the mirror. I wasn't as muscular as Jarred with my lean build and flat muscles, but my hair was almost as dark as a black panthers fur and my eyes the deepest cobalt I myself had ever seen. I knew I was pale, but that couldn't be helped, the sun didn't affect me the way it did others. But it was nothing compared to her flawless skin.
I groaned in annoyance, I didn't want to leave it like this. I had to find Jarred and make this right before the council started the meeting. I wouldn't be allowed to leave until everyone else had.
I walked over to my doors, pushing them both open. I knew I wouldn't be able to find him until later, so I went for a walk. I began to make my way towards the gardens. Though when I was almost there someone walked straight into me.
Someone with raven hair, rose pink lips and violet-lapis eyes.