Proluge

"I'll find you! You know I will! I always will!" The pail boy about three years older than me yelled, as he was being dragged away. His hand out stretched towards mine. He had pail blond hair, pail blue eyes, and a pail complexion. Everything about this boy was pail, even his clothes. He wore a pail white shirt, that hung loosely on his slight form, pail brown leather pants that clung tightly in contrast, to his long legs and slightly darker brown on his boots, that came up half way to his knees.
"Gabriel!" I called back to him, and with all my strength, I broke through the arms of the men holding me back. I ran straight for him, as he struggled agenst the solders that dragged him towards the carriage. But a line of fire rose in front of me, and I could go no further. All I could do was repeat his name over the flickering flames.
A cold voice behind me sent a chill throughout my body, "Oh, my dear sweet Marina." I turned slowly to see him walking down the steps, towards me... and this time I had no escape. "Do you not know how to handle my precious witch? She has been with us just over a year." He clicked his tongue a few times while scolding his soldiers, shaking his dark head from side to side, while they backed away in fear. Everyone knew Esdras was a cruel and unforgiving man, and anyone who disobeyed him was severely punished.
My punishment was this. He was taking my cousin from me. He was selling my only family to another buyer. I turned back quickly, but I could not see through the bright flames and smothering smoke. "Marina!" He screamed, from the other side of the inferno. He sounded as if in pain, and I could feel Esdras' cruel grin on my back.
I couldn't handle it, so I placed my hands into the burning flames, and I pushed them outwards. At first it was hard, the chain Esdras had placed around my ankle restricted my magick to a bare minimum. But after a few seconds my arms swept outwards, easily extinguishing the flames, my hands covered in ash and sot, but I could feel no burns. Again I ran after Gabriel, calling his name even louder than before. But again, I was stopped.
Something hit me, and before I knew it, I was on the ground, tangled in my simple cream dress. Long sleeves, laced at the cuffs, tight bodice, laced in a barley breathable fashion, the strings came to just above the trail, which was just a plain smooth pice of fabric. I had no shoes on because I had been in such a rush.
My arm stretched out towards the carriage, towards Gabriel. He was struggling fiercely now, calling something in my direction, but I couldn't make out a thing. "Gabriel," I whispered sadly as I fell into the never ending darkness. I had no family left.