34: A Dead Flower

I used to wonder what love is...When I felt it for the first time, it was a rush of emotions for me. The fact that your heart is beating for someone else. It's a beautiful feeling  which occurs itself. It can't be controlled. It is a strong force, such is the power of love.

I had accepted that fact, that I had fallen in love with him. I didn't try to control it. The foreign feeling flooded through my heart like it had always been there. Love showed me rainbows and colours.

It showed me happiness and it also showed me that the happiness is fleeting.

Love learns to let go and I did. I let go of him even though it crushed my heart.

I thought I could survive with the fact that whatever we had, even though it was short-lived, I could live with it. And I did. I survived with it, trying to numb the pain in my heart.

I sought for the lost calmness in my heart for months. Trying to bring it to peace and what surprises me is, I found that calmness  when I encountered him once again.

Not with anyone, but with him. Always him.

Wasn't the pain more than enough? My brain questioned but I had no answer to that.

And when he made his way into my life once again, I couldn't stop him. Somehow, the last wisp of hope that had been extinguished months ago was once again glinting with light.

And now, I was once again expecting for more, yearning for more.

But I would control it. Because there was  no turning back now.

*****

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the voice of Jimin.

"What do you think, Miss Kim?", He said while looking at the display of options on the screen.

I had been in a daze for the whole meeting. My mind was constantly fogged with the thoughts of the man who was sitting next to me.

Clearing my throat, I replied without thinking much, "I think option number three is better. The colour scheme would be pretty good."

"I also like that better. I think it's settled then.", He said and nodded at the presenter.

My eyes had gotten attracted to those colours with the first glance. Somehow I had unconsciously chosen his favourite colour scheme.

Surprisingly, I still remember what he likes.

As the meeting continued, discussions were made. Presentations of the new project had also been made. I exchanged a few words but for most of the time, I was quietly processing the whole situation.

What was the meaning behind this?

Why did he again come here to make me his secretary?

He couldn't have planned this whole thing, could he? What would he gain from it? Why was he doing this?

"The meeting went well. Let's talk  more next time, Mr Jimin.", The members shook hands with Jimin and started leaving the conference hall.

I stayed for some more time in order to handle the legal documents and files. When I completed the task, the conference hall had noone except Jimin.

I immediately got up to leave as well while taking the documents but was stopped by Jimin.

"Can we have a talk?", He said. "How about coffee together?"

"I don't think I have anything to talk about. I will e-mail the files to you later. I will take my leave now, Mr Park.", I told.

"Then what about dinner together if you don't want to have coffee?", He said.