32: The Last Wisp of Hope

His touch lingered on my face. I could do nothing but be frozen like a statue staring into his eyes.

Then, a sudden wave of emotions hit me. All the pain, turmoil, hurt, everything washed over me once again...

And I quickly stepped back putting distance between us. His eyes reflected pain and mine, my eyes must have reflected the cause of it.

I can't ever forget it.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I said, "What are you doing? You can't...."

"I did what you asked me to do, to never seek you again. Now, fate has given me a chance. Why can't I use it?"

"This is just a mere coincidence. We belong to eachother's past. This is  present and I have moved on. You should forget the past...", I said.

"If we become strangers just to remember each other once again, why can't I remember our past?", He asked.

"Because everything is fleeting. It's only for a brief moment. I let you go and you need to let me go as well.", I told.

"I let you go for half a year. Hasn't it been more than enough?"

I didn't do anything except stay silently. My firm resolve was breaking down with each and every passing second.

"I can't let you go now. I am going to cherish this opportunity. I am going to find you once again...This is not the last time....", He said while gently brushing his fingers against my face as if he was afraid that I would vanish anytime soon.

"You can't...you shouldn't...", I trailed off.

Someone cleared their throat and I was finally snapped out of my trance. Erin was there with a shocked expression.

I felt all the heat rush to my cheeks.

"I will see you soon. Have a good night, Miss Kim." He gazed at me with those beautiful eyes. Then, he gave a soft smile and said, "Remember that this is not the last."

And he was gone.

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming.  I slowly touched the part where his warm lips had touched mine. Then, it dawned on me that he was here.

He was here.

After half year. Once again.

"T-That was Park Jimin right?! Holy shit, that was Park Jimin! Oh my god! Why didn't you tell me he is your boyfriend?!", Erin yelled at me, her mouth was wide open.

"He isn't my boyfriend.", I was quick to deny it.

She raised up her eyebrow and glanced at the way he had gone and turned her gaze back towards me as if she was in deep thought.

"Then ,why were you two looking at each other being so lovey-dovey?", She asked.

"T-That wasn't the case.", I stuttered.

"Ohh, wait a minute,  are you two long lost lovers? Is he your childhood sweetheart? Ex-boyfriend who is still madly in love with you? ", She said.

"Your imagination is really wild, Erin.", I let out a tired sigh.

"None of them? Then, what is he to you?"

I drifted off to my thoughts for a moment and muttered under my breath. "Strangers...."

"Don't think that I am gonna believe that bullshit. How are you here with Park Jimin? You know him, don't you?"

"Yes, I know him. I won't deny it. He belongs to my past.", I said while hugging my body closer to get some warmth in the chilly night.