Chapter 13✔

(24th October 2026)

So, today was the job interview day and this day will decide if Axel can move out or not. He knew he was prepared, no shit. The past few days were.... amazing in one way but he felt a little bit guilty. They went on dates, fucked till they can't walk and even though he enjoyed it, he couldn't help but feel bad. Sometimes he wondered if they felt just as guilty, espically Miles, when they decided to leave him like in high scool.

Also, he wanted to get out this as soon as possible and the only thing he did in the past few days was prepare for his already prepared meeting.

Kai and Miles didn't know he had an interview scheduled today. So, it is obvious that they'll freak out when he tells them but well, he can't do anything to help it. He got hurt once. He got hurt twice. He doesn't want it to happen again. He needs his closure, he needs to make them feel the same way they did to him.

He woke up early in the morning so that he'll have enough time to get ready and eat. Miles went with Kai to his clinic because Miles decided to drive that day. The asked Axel to go with them but he refused, spewing up an excuse so that he could attend his interview.

He made sure to not forget his files and because there is no one to drop him and the place is far, he had to call an Uber.

He thought about his decision once again.  He gets fed up because these unanswered questions sometimes. His life was always filled with 'what ifs'. He was always thinking what would've happened if things were different. If things are going to be different. And weather or not he hates them now, he loved them at one point and that's probably why it pains him so much to do this.

But they deserve it. That's what he told himself.

He revised his notes of the interview the entire Uber ride and when he arrived, he couldn't be more nervous.

He slowly entered the building, looking around at the beautifully designed company. "This looks so much like Miles's style." He thought but immediately stopped and snapped back to his senses before sighing deeply. "I should stop thinking about them." He thought and reached to the lady working in the reception.

"Uhmm... I have an interview scheduled today for the PA of the CEO" He mumbled awkwardly, slightly uncomfortable by the way that woman was watching him. "Your name?" that lady asked and smiled in a flirty way towards him. "I...I'm Axel. Axel Marvel." He stuttered out, smiling politely at her. she eyed him one last time, before typing something into her computer and nodding back at him. "You have an interview scheduled in.... 2 minutes. Follow me please" She said and started moving towards the elevators. She pressed the button that'll lead to the 12th floor and Axel stood there thinking deeply.

There. He can't back out now. It was too late to rethink his decision. The only thing he can do now is to go with the flow.

Once they arrived, the lady for the reception nodded her head towards a door before looking at him. "Boss is expecting you. All the best, hope you get the job" She whispered before going back the way they came.

Axel took a deep breath and sighed before entering the room that will decide his future.

"You must be Axel Marvel. Am I right?" The CEO of that company asked him nodding at him. Axel took a good look of him, a pale, handsome man probably in his late twenties with striking green eyes and a body that will get most girls or -maybe even some guys- to their knees.

"Uhmm... yes, that's me" Axel said before taking a seat opposite to one of the richest men in the world, Jackson Bruke. "Well, tell me about yourself Mr. Marvel...."

The Interview lasted for about half an hour before Axel finished answering the last question. He waited for a few minutes while Jackson was checking his files when he finally asked a question, "Did I get in?"

"Curious much huh? Yes, Mr. Marvel, you did get in. I'll be giving you your bonus check in a couple of minutes. Hope you won't let me down." Jackson said smiling widely at Axel.

Axel couldn't believe it. He got in and he's even getting a bonus check. That means that he can leave as soon as possible. He was happy he got a job but he wasn't really keen on the idea of moving. "Thank you so much sir. I swear I'll never let you down." He said trying not to shout.

"I bet you won't Axel...now, how you like to discuss this matter over dinner? In two days perhaps?" His boss asked a slight smirk on his face.

Axel flushed immediatly.

"You're asking me on a date?" He answered back feeling sassy.

"Well It'll be a date if you want it to be. I'll text you the details"

"How do you know I was going to tell yes? Also, how do you know my number?"

"I didn't know before, I know now. Axel, Dear,  I'm your employer...I know your number. Wait for my text tomorrow. Now start doing your work"

He was told what he was supposed to when he was here and his time schedule was given to him with his cheque before he finally left back to Miles's and Kai's home. He wanted to tell them about this right now so that he could go house hunting tomorrow. Once he arrived, he opened the door and went inside. The house as silent as always. For a moment he thought that Miles and Kai were not at home but when he hears hushed whispers coming from their room, he sighed and stood in front of their room door.

"Ok you can do this." He thought before knocking the door. Kai opened the door, looking surprised that Axel was here. "I want to talk to you" Axel said and looked at Kai before moving inside their room. He eyed Kai and Miles who was sitting on bed with a weary look before saying,

"I got a job I'll be moving out within a week."

Author's note:

Hey everybody. Hope you're all alright. I have a few important things to mention so please don't skip this.

1) This book only has about 1 to 2 chapters left until the end. I'm going to miss writing this book so much. This is my first book and I didn't expect so many people to read this so I'm really honored.

2) Thanks soo much for 1k. I can't believe my book reached 1k. I hope you'll still support me when I start another book.

3) I'm sorry if my writing sucked. I was kinda in a rush when I wrote this chapter.