Chapter 4 ✔

"You're staying with us. No arguments."

Axel felt shivers run through his spine when he heard Miles's statement. For a moment, Axel was ready to go live with them. To forgive them and start fresh again. But he stopped himself from agreeing. He can't go live with them now, can he? All those years he was away from these people, all the years he cut contact with them and hurt himself in the process was not for him to come start it all over again. He knows he will get hurt, then why is he so hesitant on rejecting this idea? Why does he want to go with them and live with them for the rest of his life? He wanted to nod, and tell them that he had no issue living with them, and that he will be ready to stay with them for the rest of his life but he shook his head instead. But the most important question, why did they want Axel to live with them?

"Why do you want me to live with you? So that You can hurt me all over again? So that you can leave me hanging and walk out again? So that you can break my trust again? Why? You fucking sadist want to see my cry? You asshole." He  screamed. Shoving Miles.

Of course he didn't even move a centimeter.

It started raining heavier and there was absolute silence except the sound of rain drops crashing on the car. Axel's eyes carried hopelessness, despair, misery, anger and the most importantly he was tired. He was tired of all this, his life. 

"I just said no argue- "Miles was abruptly cut off when Kai started speaking, "We're really sorry we left you like that. We didn't mean to hurt you all those years ago. I saw the broken look on your face when I told you that miles and I are dating.... You looked hurt, like you've been betrayed. After that we tried to reach you but you just left. We searched for you for years.  Without any explanations, without telling anyone where you're going, you just left. We felt so guilty, we wanted to apologise that we hurt you that bad, and we wanted- no needed you to come back. Axel, we love you. We never stopped. I don't know why we did what we did all those years ago Axel but please. We're so so fucking sorry. Now, seven years later. The least thing we can do as an apology is to let you stay with us. Knowing that you are staying in such a place if anything happens to you, It'll be on us. Aftereverything we did to you, if we let you live here, we'll be concerned every minute about your well-being. Please listen to us and come stay with us. We'll take care of you. You don't have to forgive us. We deserve this. But please listen to us this once." 

By the time Kai completed his long rant, tears were freely flowing from Axel's eyes. He was taken aback by Kai's words. They loved him? They searched for him? What the fuck.

"You love me?"

"You're dense Axel we love you. I know you don't ok? And you have valid reasons. I know I would've done the same."

"No you don't understand. You can't just suddenly come back and throw this on me now. You got fucking engaged. Is that much how you love me? Oh holy jesus what the fuck is going on."

Obviously, he felt betrayed, how could he not. They just left him, claiming they love each other more than they loved him. And now they love him. Bullshit. 

"Listen, we said what was supposed to be told. It's your choice now but please go with us. Please." This time it was Miles who spoke. 

Axel thought for a moment. 

Should he go? What they were saying made sense. It is a risk for him if he stays here. But what will happen if he went there? Will he be ok there? Will he regret not going or will he regret going? There were so many unanswered questions, the only way to find the answers were him going and living with them.

"I'll go but one condition. I'll stay with you until I get a proper job. After I have a better pay check, I'll move out and find a better apartment." Axel's mouth spoke without consent. He knew made a mistake agreeing. Fuck his mouth and his brain and his stupid life. 

"Yes, ok we agree. You can stay with us until you get a better job." Kai replied excitedly with a grin on his face but it didnt reach his eyes. "Well, pack and be ready, we'll come pick you tomorrow." Axel nodded before going inside locking his apartment door to see them leaving to their house through his window.

"I fucking got drenched anyway. Stupid brain, stupid Kai, stupid Miles."

The last thought that occupied his brain before he slept was whether he took the right decision today, but little did he know, that he will remember this day for the rest of his life.

---------------