Chapter 25

At last, they arrived at the palace without any harm. There were a few attacks, but it was nothing the team of elite Jounins could not handle. Their mission was completed like a breeze, aside from the little bumps in the sea.

It was late evening when they arrived the Land of Honey; their client offered them to stay for the night. "Please stay for the night as my appreciation towards you. I'm sure all of you are tired."

"If that's okay, Your Majesty." Kakashi bowed.

"Kizashi, bring them to the guest rooms." The king ordered.

Sakura jumped at the name. She scanned the room and found a butler at their service. It was definitely weird to know this man shares the same name as her father and he does not resemble him in any way. The butler has grey slicked back hair and midnight blue eyes. He looked humble, in contrast to Kizashi Haruno.

"Yes, My Lord." The butler bowed at his king, then he turned to the guests, "Follow me." He guided them to a hallway.

He gestured to the rooms we could use for the night. "I'll be here to escort you for dinner in an hour. Please call for any servants should you need any assistance." He said before bowing and uttered a, "Enjou your stay." Then, he walked away to perform his other duties.

The team settled in their rooms and rewarded themselves a fancy shower in the palace. The trio changed into their non-fighting attire while Kakashi remained in his shinobi outfit. They exited their room and sure enough, the butler was there waiting for them.

He had a kind smile while his aura of professionalism did not waver. If only the head of the Haruno clan could be balance between nobility and kindness, the heiress thought solemnly. Kizashi escorted the team to a glamorous dining hall. The walls were sparkling and lined with gold, an intricate chandelier sat on the ceiling which loomed over a large dining table filled with exotic cuisines. It was far too luxurious for the team.

Back in Sakura's mind was her empathy towards the king. If this was the table he dined in every day for all three meals, he must have felt incredibly lonely. The table was huge and full of space, it was so empty and so must his heart. The pinkette's eyes softened as they landed on the king who sat at the end of the table. An earnest smiled stretched across his face when they entered.

"Please, take a sit."

The team hesitantly obeyed, feeling overwhelmed by how casual the king was being. After all, they are all commoners even though three of them are from noble clans in the Land of Fire. Their status was not high enough in the society, especially outside the borders of their country.

The king was kind enough to allow the three tiger-nins to dine in the same room as him. Each of them were given a generous plate of raw meat next to the table. Certainly, a trait of this kind was uncommon to see in royalties.

The dinner was peaceful as conversations were exchanged between them and the king. He was curious about the world of a ninja. During the meal, Sakura did not miss the king's stare.

After a round of deserts, the young king reluctantly wished the team good night and excused them to bed as they must leave in the early morning. Sadness was evident in his honey-coloured eyes. The pinkette stayed in the room and smiled at him warmly. He was confused as to why she hadn't left. She even gestured for Sumire to leave before her.

"I need to take a walk after a meal, may I?"

King Kazuki grinned like a child who was granted permission to leave the house and play. "Of course, let me accompany you."