Midnight Escapade Part 1

Nikki's POV

I was sneaking around through the woods. The first day I got here I scouted the place and learned my way through. Grinning like a mad man as I made my way to the first cabin. Peaking in the window I set my eyes on my first target. Before I began my mission his eyes locked onto mine. He said something I couldn't make out and walked out the door.

"What are you doing?" He asked unamused. "We're going on an ADVENTURE!" I shouted which was soon muffled by his hand. "Shush will you. You're not supposed to make noise when you sneak around" He explained. "I sang the batman theme song all the way here" I confessed.

"Of course you did" He facepalmed. Chuckling I grabbed his wrist leading him to our next destination. "So where are we going?" He asked. "Good to see, you know, you aren't getting out of this. And to Max's place," I replied stopping in front of a different cabin.

I peaked in like I did last time and saw him sitting at the front of the building. "Go get him," I ordered.

"Why me?" He questioned. "Because you can say I need you to go pee with me, and it not sound weird" I explained. "It sounds weird no matter who says it!" He whispers shouts. Groaning he complies with my orders.

I watch him tap the window Max was near. He looks at me from his window and shrugs. I point to my ears signaling he had earbuds in. He facepalmed again. Before we did another round of charades Space Kid got Max's attention and pointed to the two of us.

Max raised an eyebrow and walked out the front door. "Yes just like I planned," I cheered happily.

"I hope you guys have something amazing planned. I was in the middle of something important" Max complained. "You hacked David's social media. I don't find that important" Neil sneered. "You've got your thing, and I've got mine," Max said as we started walking away.

We eventually made it to a familiar car. "Oh my god, I'm finally going to get to hotwire a car," Max said getting excited. Me and Neil looked at him strangely. And naturally, Neil then tried talking us out of it.

I smirked sassily as I dangled the car keys in front of them. "And you've got the keys," Neil said shutting up. "Shotgun!" Max yelled and slid over the hood of the car. Our tall friend rolled his eyes and hopped in the back seat.

"Wait Nikki do you even know how to drIVE!" Neil yelled as I pressed on the gas. I laughed madly turning wheel harshly trying to prevent us from crashing.

"NIKKI BRAKE! BRAKE! THE OTHER PETAL!" Max yelled as we nearly crashed into a tree.

Neil's POV

I was gasping for air. I did not need this near-death experience tonight. Max put the car in park and leaned back in his seat holding his chest. "I think I'm having a heart attack" He gasped. "Not before me, you aren't" I mumbled unbuckling my seat and getting out the car. I opened the driver's door and glared at Nikki. "Move, I'm driving" I growled to which she nervously chuckled and moved into the back.

Time Skip

The entire drive Max and I complained about Nikki's lack of skill in driving. We only stopped when we headed up a familiar road. "...Nikki," Max tried to start but stopped. Looking around was pretty heartbreaking. The whole forest we used to run around as kids was gone. It hadn't really sunk in til now.

"Why did you want us to come out here?" I asked parking in front of where the mess hall used to be. It had been reduced to nothing but ash. "We're here for the heart of Camp Campbell," She explained grabbing a dog crate from the trunk and inhaling harshly. "This way!" She yelled running off.

Me and Max shared a hesitant gaze before following after her.

BYE BYE GODS AND GODDESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!