Chapter 4 - Date Night

Chapter 4 – Date Night

ROSE POV

It had been a week since I had last seen the boys but I feel like I spoke to them all the time. Every now and then I would receive texts asking how I was and if I had been mobbed at work again, but after reassuring them ‘no’ they’d drop the topic. Louis always texts me to make sure my dad hasn’t stop by and I can’t begin to explain how appreciative I am of that. I was currently getting ready to go and visit them at Louis place which had now finished being renovated. We were all going there, Charlie, Charlotte and I. I was just finishing putting my outfit on when my phone buzzed;

Louis :): Babeeeeee! Hurry up and get here! I miss youuuuuu xx

I couldn’t help but laugh, this seemed like a drunken text but Louis is always a little hypo. Things have gotten a little better between us, we are closer and from that text it’s in a romantic way. He is easily becoming one of my closest friends and our occasional flirting lead to something a little more. We had both admitted to liking each other, of course only slightly as we had only met recently. Neither of us wanted to rush into anything, just wanted to take it slow. I quickly responded saying I was coming and got in my car to drive. When I pulled up at Louis’ house I could see a few cars in the driveway which I’m guessing were the boys. I locked my car and walked to the door, knocking once I got there. A smile immediately made its way to my face when Louis opened the door and pulled me in for a hug.

“You’re finally here.” He stated happily, a sigh at the end of his sentence.

“Yep, hi Lou.” I replied equally happy. We pulled away and he lead me inside to the kitchen offering me a drink which I gladly accepted. Making our way into the living room I was beyond shocked. Candles were lit everywhere and the notebook menu was set up on the screen. A blanket lay over the couch and the scent from popcorn filled my senses. "Where are the boys?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Well, I figured," he started to work his hands around my waist from behind and continued, "we haven't had any alone time and we haven't been on a first date yet, so I arranged this... they all went out to eat." He explained innocently. 

"Lou it's beautiful, thankyou so much babe." I appreciated this so much. He silenced me with a kiss to my cheek and led me to the couch where he threw the blanket over me and ran to the kitchen, when he came back in he had a box of pizza in his hands.

"I figured, you may not have had dinner so I got this as well." I smiled gratefully at him and opened the blanket, hinting I needed a cuddle buddy. He winked at me and sat down pulling me close to him, pressing play to the movie. It was a night of playful panter, little kisses to cheeks and forheads and a few tears from me due to the cheesy movie. Overall it was a night I will never forget. When the movie finished so was the pizza box. I helped Louis clean up the pizza and popcorn and threw away our empty beer bottles. I was washing up a few dishes when I felt breath on my neck and hands on my waist. "Was it worth everyone leaving Rose?" I shuddered as goosebumps formed on my skin and a small smile could be heard in his voice. 

"Yes, thankyou so much Louis, I seriously can't tell you how grateful I am, this was perfect..." I said.

"You don't need to thank me, you deserve it beautiful." He kissed my cheek and took the dish I was washing out of my hand, "you don't need to wash, I'll do it later." He dried my hands with the teatowel and guided me to the living room, patting the spot next to him on the couch. "I know you may not want to talk about it, but why did your Dad even do that to your cheek?" 

"Um.. It started when I was four and didnt stop until I was fifteen." I took a deep breath,"he would always come home drunk and thats what would initiate his movement, the alcohol in his system. I could never tell my mum because he would just threaten me more, and I thought she would just think I was being stupid. I could have so many problems with my body and not even know because of how many times he hit me, but I just delt with it." I didn't realise I was crying until Louis' thumb swiped underneath my eye and wiped them away. 

"I can't believe this... Rose I don't think it's safe for you to be staying on your own, because if he comes to your house again and I'm not there to protect you, I could never forgive myself..." His eyes were glossy and I could tell he was trying so hard not to cry. "Can I come and stay with you?" he asked, "Harry lives with me so someone would always be here but I can't live with the thought of you by yourself when you could be in serious danger..."  he explained.

"Lou... I'll be fine, seriously." I told him sympathetically. 

"I can't do it Rose, I can't let you stay alone with him back in your life..." 

"Okay...you can stay with me... But as long as Harry is okay with it." I agreed with him. A smile stretched across his face and I couldnt help but laugh... he was too cute for his own good and I was so grateful to have someone so caring in my life. He is too good for me.