Chapter 2 - Concern

Chapter 2 – Concern

ROSE POV

I inspected the scratch and forming bruise on my cheek and wondered how to hell I’m going to cover this before tonight. Charlotte and Charlie were picking me up in an hour and a half and I had to get dressed quickly. I washed and disinfected my scratch trying to make it less noticeable, sadly no avail. It was a deep cut and I knew I would need foundation to cover this. I had already taken a shower since coming home from the beach and now I was ready to dress myself. I stared in the bathroom mirror and applied some lied foundation hoping it would cover my injuries. I dressed my eyelashes with mascara and was pleased with how my face looked, although the bruise and cut was a flaw. I curled my long brown hair and gave it some volume and then walked to my bedroom to put my clothes on. I wore boyfriend jeans with a long number shirt and wrapped a red flanny around my waist. I matched this outfit with white converse and quickly checked that I looked ok. I checked my phone and saw a text from Charlotte saying that she was coming to my door to get me. As if reading my mind, a knock sounded at my front door. I grabbed my bag and walked to the door and opened it.

“Hey Charlotte!” I exclaimed happily, hugging her tightly. When she pulled away from me, her eyes went wide and I think I know why she had that look; my face.

“What the fuck happened to your face? Oh my gosh Rose!” She screamed worriedly. She put her hand on my face and turned it to get a better look. “Rose who did this to you?”

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it,” I explained calmly. She gave me a look and sighed,” Fine, my parents were here when I got home and my dad slapped me twice. Second time with a pocket knife between his fingers…” I said, my voice getting lower with each word. She pushed me into her chest and just hugged me. This is why we are friends. “Come on Charlotte, we gotta go.” I told her. We broke from our embrace and we walked fully out the door to the car after locking my apartment.

Charlie waved as I sat in the back, sharing the same look Charlotte did when she saw my face, thankfully though he didn’t as about it, just gave me a shocked and sincere look. As he drove us to the arena the radio was playing softly in the background as I looked out the passing buildings outside. I had so many things on my mind; I couldn’t stop thinking about what my dad did, how he just thought it was ok to just barge into my apartment and repeat my childhood, but then my mind was buzzing with what might happen tonight. Will we even see the boys or will just be like every other experience?

My thinking must have taken up the whole car trip because when I looked out the window next I noticed we were driving behind a building. When Charlie parked the car we jumped out and I followed him to a door. A big built man stood at the door with a clipboard in his, I’m guessing he was a security guard.

“If you don’t have backstage passes, don’t even bother trying to get in.” He said sternly, I can’t blame him, obviously this happens a lot.

“We do.” Said Charlie, handing him our passes I didn’t even know we had. “We’re friends of Louis’.” He explained. The guard let us through and that’s when I saw Louis making his way down the hall to meet us. He smiled and hugged Charlie and Charlotte and his smile only widened when he saw me. When he pulled me in for a hug, I couldn’t help but notice how nice he smells and how nice it is to be hugged by him. He was still holding me when I heard him whisper;

“It’s good to see you again… and don’t think you’ll get away from explaining your cheek babe, may only have met you today but I care about you and this needs an explanation.” He said into my ear before pulling away, kissing my uninjured cheek on the way. I blushed at the word ‘babe’; no one really calls me that. Louis guided us to a room where stood 8 other boys; they were all quite good looking to be honest. “Boys, this is my mate Charlie, his girlfriend Charlotte and this is Rose.” Then he turns to the boys, “This is Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall, the others of One Direction and that’s Ashton, Luke, Callum and Michael who are an Australian band called five seconds of summer, our opening act.” He explained. We all exchanged our greetings and sat down in the open chairs.